Médecins du Monde is an international medical development NGO and part of an international network. We provide medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and the rest of the world.
We want universal health coverage where every person has access to care, without barriers (financial, cultural, geographic, etc.).
In Belgium and throughout the world, our projects are aimed at all people who have no or no longer access to health care. In particular, they are structured around five axes: people on the margins of society (homeless people, undocumented migrants, drug users, sex workers, etc.); children in vulnerable situations; women (accompanied in their fight for equality or against sexual violence, for example); migrants or displaced persons; and victims of crises or conflicts.
To carry out our mission, we rely on three pillars:
- Care: provide real access to care for the population.
- Change: more than just helping, we want to make a difference in the long run.
- Testify: we do not remain silent. Thanks to our experience and our presence in the field, we challenge the authorities (local, regional and (inter)national) with facts, figures and realities.
Our projects follow a set of values common to our entire organization: Social Justice, Empowerment, Independence, Commitment, and Balance.
We work on specific themes such as sexual and reproductive health, gender-based violence and the "One Health" principle.
The NGO employs more than 130 staff in Belgium and 30 internationally, as well as approximately 300 national contracts on international programs and 500 volunteers.
Today, to support the general management, we are looking for a Mobilization & Internal Communication Officer
You will directly support the work of the Director General by contributing to the cohesion of the organization in its various locations and components through dynamic and participatory internal communication. In conjunction with the volunteer manager, you will encourage the mobilization of volunteers to be ambassadors of the organization and its mission.
As Mobilization & Internal Communication Officer, you will implement the necessary projects and actions to promote the various forms of engagement with MdM in order to build and develop a recognized movement of citizens who care, bear witness and mobilize for social change. On the other hand, you will implement the organisation's internal communication policy in order to enable the organisation to develop its internal culture by communicating coherently and effectively with all of its members in the broadest sense (employees, volunteers, trainees, administrators, members, and partners)
The main missions of the Mobilization & Internal Communication Officer are subdivided into the following roles
As an Internal Communications Officer:
In collaboration with the general management, you identify the actions and contents of internal communication in order to enable it to conduct a clear communication to promote the culture and identity of the organization to its members at large. You disseminate the appropriate messages according to the target audience.
Examples of tasks
- Manage the messaging system ''firstname.lastname@example.org''
- Organize and lead team meetings. (logistical aspects, content research...) and ensure bilingual communication internally via the systematic translation of messages into FR/NL
- Maintain and develop the Intranet in collaboration with the various departments and the IT department
- Brief new employees on their entry (presentation of the strategic plan, communication tools, document management, etc.)
- Develop tools for the appropriation of the organization's identity (production of uniform posters with the values of MdM, Leaflet, videos)
In support of the Branch:
You actively participate in the preparation of internal events so that they take place in good conditions.
Examples of tasks
- Organization of various events (General Assembly, summer universities, information lunches, lunch debates, Board of Directors, team building, volunteer parties...)
- Participate in the GA Membership Committee and provide secretarial support and follow-up
- Actively participate in induction modules
As an Mobilization Officer
You actively contribute to the definition and implementation of the organisation's mobilisation strategy. You will identify and strengthen the skills and strengths of the different actors in the organisation, in order to raise awareness, motivate, inform and convince them to participate actively in the achievement of MdM's mission.
Examples of tasks
- In collaboration with the volunteer manager, keep the MdM dynamic alive among the volunteers
- Follow and execute specific projects, especially the Northern component of the DGD's five-year plan, in order to make volunteers ambassadors for the cause and for access to care for all
- Proactively target opportunities to respond to external solicitations in order to raise awareness of the organization
- Organize the corresponding transversal meetings
This list of tasks is not exhaustive and the person will be required to perform other tasks depending on the needs of the projects and his/her department.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in communication with a specialization in public relations or continuing education
- Project management: organization, programming, reporting, coordination.
- Mastery of the various techniques of writing and presentation of documents (journalistic style, web writing...)
- Excellent knowledge of the organization's functioning (formal and informal), and of its activities (core business...)
- Mastery of the main office software, particularly word processing and presentation software (Office 365, Open Office Suite...) and online publishing tools
- Language: Trilingual: fluent in French, Dutch and English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work in a team
- Sensitivity to "mobilization" aspects and NGO issues
- Writing skills in the three languages FR/NL/EN
- Excellent interpersonal skills, public speaking skills, meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to organize and structure your work for its optimal development
- Reliability, commitment
- A rewarding and essential function at the heart of Médecins du Monde Belgium's projects.
- An entry into service as soon as possible
- A full time contract (39 hours)
- Workplace: Brussels
- A gross salary of €2,944.11 for 0 years of experience; a gross salary of €3,238.53 for 10 years of experience. Recognized relevant experience.
- Luncheon vouchers - Hospitalization insurance - 100% reimbursement of public transportation costs.
Please send your application using the appropriate recruitment form, before 2022/06/30
Médecins du Monde thanks you for your interest in our organization and wishes you every success in your journey.
We reserve the right to finalize a recruitment before the closing date for receiving applications.
Médecins du Monde is committed to people with disabilities and fights against all forms of discrimination.
We inform you that the data concerning you are computerized; they will be treated in a confidential way.
In the context of this application, your data will be kept for a period of 6 months.