ABOUT EIT FOOD
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers. Established by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) in 2017, EIT Food is a fast-growing partnership organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector.
EIT Food is a member organisation bringing together key industry players, agri-food startups, research centres and universities from across Europe representing the food value chain in Europe. In addition to thematic leadership, EIT Food is also responsible for coordinating a multi-million euro EU grant allocation from the EIT and distributing it among its partners and stakeholders for the implementation of projects.
EIT Food headquarters (HQ) are based in Leuven (Belgium) and it has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLCs) in Europe (based in Poland, Spain, Germany, the UK and Belgium), each working with and for partners in several EIT Food partner countries.
Visit our website: https://www.eitfood.eu
The Managing Director holds a pivotal role in overseeing the operations of EIT Food CLC Central GmbH in Freising, Germany. This combined role integrates both managerial and financial responsibilities. The primary objective is to lead a German for-profit company with diverse public and private funding income streams in accordance with German laws and regulations and EU funding rules. As the disciplinary leader for all GmbH employees, this role involves financial planning, spending, reporting, accounting, HR, and administrative duties, as well as ensuring full compliance with all obligations, agreements, and regulations. The Managing Director also plays a key role in coordinating with other EIT Food functions, including Finance and HR, and collaborating with the central teams at EIT Food headquarters in Belgium (EIT Food iVZW).
The Managing Director will report to the Finance Director of EIT Food.
1. Managing EIT Food CLC Central GmbH:
- Oversee the regional office's operations in accordance with German laws, EU funding rules, and EIT Food's objectives.
- Assume full responsibility for the regional office, including all financial, administrative, and legal matters.
- Collaborate with external auditors and tax advisors to ensure compliance with financial regulations.
2. Financial Oversight and Reporting:
- Implement and manage a robust financial reporting system, including monthly financial reports for internal stakeholders and EIT Food.
- Manage the different funding streams of the GmbH, ensuring sound financial planning, spending, and reporting of budgets.
- Ensure compliance with German GAAP in financial practices.
- Take responsibility for annual financial audits.
- Fulfill all obligations related to running and future collaboration agreements.
- Act as the unique finance POC for the subsidiary, collaborating closely with the central finance team at EIT Food iVZW.
3. Leadership and Staff Management:
- Provide financial insights and guidance for decision-making, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Assume a high level of responsibility for the regional staff, including HR, administrative duties and disciplinary actions, in collaboration with the central HR team at EIT Food iVZW.
4. Reporting and Coordination:
- Ensure the efficient management of financial resources, including cash flow optimisation.
- Monitor financial performance against budget and provide regular updates to management.
- Prepare regular reports for EIT Food and GmbH bodies.
- Coordinate closely with other EIT Food functions and Managing Directors from other regional offices.
5. Finance and Strategy Collaboration:
- Work closely with the central finance team at EIT Food VZW to align financial processes and reporting.
- Support the development and implementation of financial strategies and initiatives to achieve financial sustainability.
- Ensure alignment of the regional office's financial activities with the overall business goals of EIT Food.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, e.g. business administration, finance, or proven work experience.
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar management role.
- Experience in running a company according to German laws and regulations.
- Strong financial knowledge; knowledge in EU funding regulations is a strong plus.
- Experience in HR topics and related admin and legal topics.
- Experience in German GAAP.
- Collaborative approach: Ability to work closely with teams across EIT Food, as well as with external partners.
- Strong communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively with staff, internal stakeholders, and senior management, using a range of channels and formats.
- Analytical skills: Ability to use data and insights to inform decision-making and track progress against objectives.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications as well as CRM software.
WHAT WE OFFER
Working at EIT Food means joining a team of like-minded individuals who are dedicated to creating a better future through food innovation. We cultivate a culture of collaboration, inventiveness, inclusivity, and constructive feedback. All employees are encouraged to contribute their ideas and expertise towards our mission of creating a more sustainable and inclusive food system.
Together, we're making a real impact on the food industry and we're looking for talented individuals like you to join us.
As a valued member of our team, we'll provide you with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
LOCATION & TRAVEL FREQUENCY
The Managing Director will be located at the EIT Food regional office in Freising, Germany, with the possibility to work remotely in Germany.
Occasional travel within Europe can be expected.
Please note that all applicants must be legally authorised to reside and work in Germany.
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to CV Warehouse before 05 12 2023.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview and may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.