ABOUT EIT FOOD
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers. Established by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) in 2017, EIT Food is a fast-growing partnership organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector.
EIT Food is a member organisation bringing together key industry players, agri-food startups, research centres and universities from across Europe representing the food value chain in Europe. In addition to thematic leadership, EIT Food is also responsible for coordinating a multi-million euro EU grant allocation from the EIT and distributing it among its partners and stakeholders for the implementation of projects.
EIT Food headquarters (HQ) are based in Leuven (Belgium) and it has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLCs) in Europe (based in Poland, Spain, Germany, the UK and Belgium), each working with and for partners in several EIT Food partner countries.
Visit our website: https://www.eitfood.eu
Be part of a dynamic team and gain valuable on-the-job experience in supporting day-to-day activities within the “knowledge triangle” of EIT Food: Education, Innovation and Business Creation. Tasks will vary from helping with communication tasks first (such as press-requests, newsletter or webpage organsiation) to support of the EIT Food Acceleration Network, and many more.
- Writing news and reports about startups, third-party funding and ownership of the application procedure on national and international level as well as keeping the CLC Central website (www.eitfood.eu/central) up to date
- Facilitating strategy development for the EIT Food Communication Network, as well as the management of diverse backoffice tasks, e.g. keeping track of the project development, pushing forward an effective communication, researching subcontractors, partnerships, contracts and reporting.
- Supporting the monthly EIT Food Central-newsletter as well as the EIT Food-public platform “foodunfolded.de” in cooperation with the editors of “foodunfolded.com”.
- All Communication activities (e.g. press conferences) within the EIT Food “knowledge triangle”: Education, Innovation and Business Creation.
- Office management support including EIT Food Central-events organization, the EIT Food Central exhibition organization and other activities.
- Traveling for EIT Food Central (Germany, Austria, Netherlands) will be expected.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- A passion for communication, food, innovation and sustainability
- Educational background related to communication, marketing, the agri-nutrition-food space, entrepreneurship, public policy, political affaires or other relevant fields
- The ability to take ownership and initiative to get things done
- Team worker with strong coordination and communication skills, as well as the ability to manage several projects at the same time
- First experience in the administrative processes and work flows in an office environment is highly desired
- Experience with third-party funding acquisition or media work is a strong plus
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office products (particularly MS Excel & PPT)
- Fluency in German and English
WHAT WE OFFER
As a Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, you will be able to make a difference for the food industry. So, if you're looking for more than just a job, if you want work which is meaningful and fulfilling, apply today. You will join an organisation with enthusiastic and motivated colleagues.
CLC Central offers flexibility and the balance between work and private life are equally important, so working remote is also possible. Our office in Freising is offering free drinks and nice surroundings in the Campus area. Please note: part of working days and team-meetings should be in person.
Full-time and payed for a duration of 4 - 6 months. Employment contract under the German labor law. Possible as a working student as well.
LOCATION & TRAVEL FREQUENCY
EIT Food Central (based in Freising near Munich) with the possibility to work remotely.
Occasional/Frequent travel within Europe. Note that applicants should have the right to work in Germany.
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to CV Warehouse by May 31st.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview and may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.