ERGO is one of the major insurance groups in Germany and Europe. Worldwide, the Group is represented in around 26 countries and concentrates on Europe and Asia. In its home market of Germany, ERGO ranks among the leading providers across all segments
To reinforce our local compliance department, we are looking for a: Compliance Expert
The Compliance Expert plays a key role in supporting the Head of Compliance and the Compliance function as well as other stakeholders in embedding compliance throughout the Company.
The Compliance expert is expected to support in multiple domains (such as AML, Anti-Fraud, Privacy/GDPR, Governance, Fiscal related topics,…) and by performing all compliance activities (such as provide advices, drafting norms, performing risk assessment, controls and monitoring,…) .
As part of the Compliance department, the Compliance Expert will report directly to the Head of Compliance.
- A Master level in Law, Economic sciences or similar fields of education;
- A minimum of 4 years of experience within the financial sector (strong preference is given to candidates with at least 3 years of experience in a compliance, auditing, internal control experience in the Financial sector);
- Good collaboration and organizational skills;
- Integrity and independence of judgement;
- Analytical and communication skills;
- Perfect command of Dutch and a working knowledge of the second national language. Fluency in English is also required.
In order to succeed in this role, you will need to demonstrate strong interest or demonstrated competencies in several of the following areas:
- Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Sanctions
Knowledge or experience in other Compliance domains (IDD, CRS/FATCA,…) is an advantage.
At ERGO Insurance, we offer you a challenging job with learning opportunities (through training, coaching, projects, and internal mobility), all in the heart of Brussels (near the Grand Place and the main train station ‘Central’).
Besides a market-based gross salary, we offer an attractive package of fringe benefits:
- year-end premium (13th month)
- competitive insurance package (hospitalization insurance, guaranteed income insurance and pension plan)
- reimbursement of public transport in accordance with the applicable conditions
- monthly meal vouchers
- yearly eco vouchers
- a yearly gift voucher
- sectoral premiums
- collective company premium (CLA 90)
- internet allowance
- telework allowance
Moreover, you can also count on an attractive leave scheme (at least 32.5 days), flexible working hours and the possibility to telework up to three days a week. This way of hybrid working guarantees a good work-life balance.
Apply online! Don’t forget to add your CV and cover letter
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs. If you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can make any reasonable adjustments needed to support you through your recruitment journey.