Are you looking forward to facing Vlerick’s technological challenges and keeping the metaforical lights of the school on? Are you up for integrating new platforms and applications and defining the future roadmap of our IT landscape? Do you have no fear in dealing with cybersecurity threats? Let’s talk!
JUNIOR IT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Vlerick Business School is a triple-accredited, international business school at the heart of Europe – ranked number one in the Benelux for executive education and 19 in Europe. We strive to make a difference, offering high quality, interactive and impactful learning journeys and in doing so, helping form positive change-makers with a vision that is rooted in a dream.
Vlerick is a school, but it is run as a company, aligned with the high standards we foster in our different programmes. We are looking for a driven IT infrastructure engineer to join our IT Team.
As a member of the infrastructure team, you have a passion for managing the daily operations of our IT environment and to build on our future IT landscape via projects. Being an expert, you’re keen on keeping our school's resistance against cyber threats while you’re not afraid to integrate the newest technology to support our business.
Protect our business continuity
- Know how to act in process driven (ITIL) and critical environments (24/7).
- Deal with incidents, problems, and changes.
- Manage our performance and capacity concerns in a proactive way.
- Document, perform, and cross-train common procedures or maintenance activities to keep our first line support (service desk) up to date.
- Execute the necessary tasks to keep everything safe and up to date.
- Provide root-cause analyses after major incidents and formulate improvements.
Protect our cyber security
- Manage deliverables and technical specifications for new projects.
- Translate the overall architecture into specific security controls or projects, including our cloud solution.
- Keep our security guidelines up to date.
- Specify, implement and follow-up on security requirements for our suppliers.
- Identify risks across network infrastructure on prem or in the cloud and manage remediation efforts.
- Collaborate on reporting & monitoring security information and risk elements.
- Identify potential risks in our environment, discuss acceptable solutions with the business and provide the necessary procedures, policies or technical solutions.
- Follow-up on market evolutions and maintain network relations with external partners, specifically concerning cyber security.
Take the lead and offer support in different projects
- Work in a strong hybrid environment, using a hands-on approach in combination with strong supplier collaborations.
- Work out infrastructure projects (network, IAM, …) and business projects (SAAS solutions).
- Build and maintain a good relationship with the application vendors and know their roadmap and plans so you can communicate internally and plan accordingly.
- Participate in school-wide digital projects as an IT stakeholder.
This is a full-time contract of indefinite duration.
- Have a strong customer and result-oriented mindset.
- Are familiar with ITIL framework, NIST and ISO27001.
- Like working at the intersection of technology and business.
- Are passionate about the translation of network technology and security towards the business needs.
- Have excellent communication skills in English. Knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Are a team player who can also work autonomously.
- Possess the needed technical expertise:
- LAN, WAN and wireless.
- Network protocols, Dynamic routing (OSPF,BGP,MPLS).
- Network-Authentication, IAM.
- VmWare, Windows-Server admin.
- Windows & Linux.
Our IT team is based in Ghent. You can work on one of our beautiful campuses in the city center of Ghent, Brussels, or Leuven, in combination with your home office.
- Autonomy and responsibility in a challenging work environment.
- A dynamic, open, and international company culture.
- Opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- Synergy between research and business practice and the chance to build your network.
- A team of enthusiastic, driven colleagues, passionate about learning.
- Flexibility: 30+ holiday days, working from home, flexible benefits based on your individual needs, etc.
- The chance to have a real impact and to inspire people to live, learn and leap.
At Vlerick, openness to the world is part of our DNA. We are continuously working towards being a truly diverse, equitable and inclusive place to work and learn at. So, no matter who you are, where you come from, or what your dreams are, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Take the leap and join us
If you think you meet these criteria, please apply with your resume and motivation on our website, www.vlerick.com/jobs. We look forward to hearing from you!
Happy to give you more information on the job content: email@example.com.