The successful candidate will work within the System Development section, reporting to the Adequacy manager. The Adequacy team is comprised of 10 staff members and is embedded in the System Development section covering about 30 people.
The Adequacy team oversees preparation of adequacy assessments, covering time frames from several months ahead (Seasonal Outlooks) to several years ahead (European Resource Adequacy Assessment-ERAA). The ERAA is a cutting-edge pan-European market modelling assessment that includes among others an Economic Viability Assessment (EVA) of assets exiting or entering the European power system. This is a key tool to understand adequacy assessments under specific scenarios and inform policy makers on market forces and possible investment gaps to be addressed. After a first ERAA was delivered in November 2021, the ERAA has been ramping up its implementation through significant methodological and modelling improvements in each yearly edition.
The successful candidate will contribute to the consistency between deliverables through the sharing of good practices and data transfer. This includes handling complex and agile workstreams, suggesting simplifications and other approaches to be used by downstream projects.
The role is based in ENTSO-E’s office in Brussels. Limited travelling may be required.
The following responsibilities are initially foreseen and subject to change:
- Providing project management coordination to the ERAA project. Actively contributing to ensure timely delivery and quality of the products, as well as follow-through and implementation involving members and external resources. Owning the communication with the Steering Group, the study team(s) and other internal ENTSO-E groups.
- Strong interaction is expected with the section’s System Modelling team in terms of modelling tools and data management.
- Proactively looking for opportunities to improve communication, mitigate risks, and enhance processes.
- Coordinating the Market Study Team consisting of TSOs and ENTSO-E’s experts and modellers;
- Supporting the enhancement of data and models, in close coordination with the System Modelling team, which oversees the databases and data collection. Contributing to innovations for further improving robustness of the datasets and models;
- Analysing and interpreting the assessment results and disseminating them in clear and concise presentations and reports. Ensuring appropriate quality of products and harmonization of messages with ENTSO-E strategy;
- Interacting with European Stakeholders, e.g., ACER and the European Commission, as required.
- University degree, preferably in energy systems or project management. Knowledge in economics would be a plus.
- A minimum of 0-3 years of relevant working experience is required.
- Good knowledge of the energy sector and understanding of European energy landscape from a technical, regulatory, policy and market perspective.
- Project management skills - including task organization, priority setting, and a proactive approach. Eager to take coordination initiative and facilitate consensus.
- Team player and fast learner with ability to self-prioritise and adapt to a continuously changing work environment.
- Good understanding of modelling, ideally applied to electricity market. Experience in optimisation models for large scale power system studies is a plus.
- Comfortable to get familiar with complex technical studies and able to see the helicopter view and interdependencies between projects, as well communicate on key benefits and risk mitigation actions to senior decision makers and external stakeholders.
- Experience in working with complex datasets and automated quality checks is a plus.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English
- Motivation to work in a multi-cultural environment and to contribute to the European energy transition.
Our people are truly at the heart of our association. You will be part of a multinational and multi-cultural environment, with colleagues from over 30 different nationalities. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce which allows us to create an environment where we learn from each other and develop together. We strongly believe in continuous learning and offer a broad range of training and development opportunities to our employees. We are a hybrid workplace and offer a maximum of flexibility enabling to have a good balance between remote working (from Belgium) and engaging physically with colleagues.
We offer market competitive compensation and an extensive benefit package, with excellent insurance coverage for you and direct family members (such as hospitalization, supplemental medical plan). You will benefit from group insurance and travel insurance. You will have the opportunity to participate in a Flexible Benefits Plan to choose for those benefits that create the best value for you.
Additionally, we offer employees from our TSO Members the chance to apply for secondment opportunities, further enriching your experience and expanding your horizons.
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae on ENTSO-E career website. Replies will be handled in strictest confidence.
ENTSO-E is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or political beliefs.