An experienced people manager with excellent interpersonal skills able to interact at the highest level within an international and innovative environment
There are two Head of Section positions which are being recruited, The Head of Innovation Section and The Head of Operations Section. The successful candidates will work in the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels, report directly to the Secretary General. As a member of the ENTSO-E Management Team, s/he will lead and manage a section ensuring people management, deliverables, external representation, legislative impact and adequate support to the Committees. S/He will lead the Secretariat overall strategy related to his domain matters, aiming to position the Association as a thought leader in EU Energy Policy Development.
As a Head of Section, your main tasks and responsibilities are the following:
- Define the overall organisation management and ensure smooth operations and deliverables and representation towards the ENTSO-E bodies.
- Contribute to the definition of the overall ENTSO-E and define section's short term and long-term goals and delivery of key milestones.
- Contribute to the strategy aiming at positioning the Association as thought Leader in EU Energy policy development.
- Ensure efficient allocation of resources on ongoing projects and day to day tasks for quality and timely delivery, and develop and retain people accordingly, and make sure that the team fully supports the activities.
- Ensure consistency, quality and completeness of the deliverables for members support, external representation and stakeholder relations.
- Offer the optimal support to the Committee Chair and Members to achieve the section deliverables and recommendations. Provides the appropriate and competent technical view to support the activities of the Committee and working groups. Support cross committee working groups as required.
- Deliver high quality deliverables and recommendations for TSO cooperation and helping them fulfilling their legal mandate, and construction the EU Internal Energy Market and EU Energy Policy Development.
- Advocate ENTSO-E's position and promote ENTSO-E's activities and benefits for the Society at Large.
- Reach consensus with Stakeholders and European Bodies for implementing ENTSO-E's recommendations. Support legislative processes for ENTSO-E's recommendations to become binding European Law.
- Ensure timely implementation of decision and escalate decisions to SG/Board as per ENTSO-E governance.
- Lead transversally the project management of key strategic projects.
- University degree with expert knowledge of energy systems and preferably with a background in power systems and/or innovative technologies with 7 to 10 years’ management experience in the electricity sector, preferably in TSOs or related organizations.
- Experience in managing projects, teams or departments in the electricity sector, preferably in TSOs or related organisations.
- Strong organization and planning skills, with proven expertise in complex projects, managing resources, assessing priorities and task management under complex structures
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, with ability to negotiate and influence, and building consensus
- Change management expertise with a proactive and flexible, service-oriented attitude
- Strong analytical skills and structured problem solving
- Ability to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English
- Understanding of ENTSO-E culture and our ‘we are ENTSO-E’ values: Excellence, Trust, Integrity, Team and Future Thinking.
We are a dynamic European association based in Brussels and are delighted to offer you the opportunity to work for ENTSO-E on truly exciting projects focused on the decarbonisation of the electricity sector. With us, you will contribute to building the world’s largest integrated electricity market – impacting not only those in the energy sector but also Europe’s overall economy, today and in the future.
You will work in a truly multi-cultural environment, with colleagues from over 20 different nationalities.
Our people are the heart of our association. We value work life balance. We offer a broad range of training and development, to make sure our employees continue to develop.
We offer market competitive compensation and benefit package, with excellent insurance coverage for you and dependent family members (such as hospitalization, supplemental medical plan). You will benefit from group insurance and travel insurance. You have the opportunity to participate in a Flexible Benefits Plan to choose for those benefits that create the best value for you. We also offer a maximum of flexibility enabling to have a good balance between working digitally and in physical meetings with Members and colleagues
If you want to play a role in creating a sustainable world, then ENTSO-E is the place for you!
Please submit your complete application consisting of a curriculum vitae and a motivational letter by clicking the apply button below no later than 15 January 2021. Or via email to HR@entsoe.eu.
During this recruitment process, we work together with Hudson as our partner for selection of the right candidate. Once short listed, you will be invited for a selection interview/assessment center with them.
Replies will be dealt with swiftly and in strictest confidence.