About Common Grid Model programme (CGM)
The CGM Program was set up by the Transmission System Operator (TSO) membership of ENTSO-E to deliver a pan-European Data Exchange Platform and Physical Communications Network (PCN) to enable the exchange and merging of Individual Grid Models (IGM’s) into the Common Grid Model (CGM). This is a response to a legal requirement established by the EU who recognized the benefits that this Common Grid Model will bring.
TSO’s use mathematical simulation models of their network to simulate the electricity grid behaviour under various, including extreme, circumstances, to decide on the list of actions they need to take to maintain the reliability of the grid at the lowest cost and impact possible for customers and stakeholders (distribution grids, generators, traders, etc.). Electrical networks become more interconnected and European electricity markets are getting more integrated. A Common Grid Model of pan-European dimension will ease the cooperation between TSOs and will result in an even more secure and cost-efficient pan-European grid.
The Common Grid Model Business process requires a significant data exchange amongst all ENTSO-E members (TSO’s). The IT data exchange system which is under construction is called the Operational Planning Data Exchange Platform [OPDE] and is fully in scope of the Common Grid Model program.
The Operational Planning Data environment is built up out of 3 interacting IT layers:
- ATOM: the underlying IT communication network
- Connectivity Platform: a distributed software platform that allows secure and traceable data-exchange
- Multiple central IT business applications: these apps are integrated into the Connectivity Platform and process the data according to the agreed common grid model processes
General position descriptions
The successful candidate will work at Entso-e offices in Brussels within the Common Grid Model (CGM) section. The team is comprised of 20 internal/external staff. S/he will work on the Business Applications layer, responsible for the delivery of these applications, including installation and operation follow-up.
Responsibilities and tasks
Key tasks/responsibilities will include:
- Acts as an IT applications specialist (SME) and is accountable for one or more business application(s) and associated services
- Works together with the Business Application Lead to analyze and translate business functional requirements into concise User Requirement Specifications to be provided to 3rd Party software vendors
- Validates solutions, as put forward by software vendors, are compatible and consistent with the existing Applications Suite and meet the User Requirement Specifications
- Works closely with the Technical Architect in defining and reviewing the technical (“non-functional”) requirements for the application and platform, including security, scalability, performance, quality and operational requirements such as disaster recovery etc.
- Measures, monitors and reports on progress during each test phase (e.g. Factory Test, System Integration Test and User Acceptance Test) to ensure that the new/upgraded business applications are tested, validated and piloted to schedule and that they meet or exceed the agreed test exit criteria
- Drives the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), mapping test conditions to the design and ultimately the User Requirements Specifications
- Works closely with 3rd party vendors and suppliers on a quality solution delivery, ensuring relevant contractual obligations are in place to meet further development of the applications and adequate vendor operational support is in place to meet the defined service levels of the new/upgraded applications
- Closely collaborates with other Product owners to ensure the application and architecture components integrate seamlessly, fulfilling the requirements and meeting the overarching goals of the CGM Program
- Works alongside key business stakeholders to build momentum on organizational readiness and gain business commitment for deployment
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the business application suite you will:
- Manage issues reported by users related to business applications
- Address application security, performance and other incidents as required
- Apply systematic Problem Management techniques to proactively minimise recurring incidents
- Apply Service Improvement techniques that will identify areas of improvement that can be incorporated into future upgrades
- Pro-actively develop a Product Roadmap for future enhancements and upgrades.
- University degree in a relevant discipline with practical experience of business and ICT processes and applications in a complex environment.
- 5/10 years prior experience in a similar role as outlined is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal English, with the ability to adapt to the target audience.
- Strong problem-solving and analysis skills with an ability to understand the business perspective, their motivation and drivers.
- Strong 3rd party vendor management experience including service level management as well as contract management.
- Self-starter that can work independently on area of expertise but is also a team player, working closely with other Product Owners and technical teams to achieve the goals of the CGM program.
- Power System and Grid Management Domain Skills would be a distinct advantage.
- A proven SME, accountable for all aspects of the Product definition and development:
- Excellent analysis skills, focussing on the business objectives and needs from the Product
- Defining and maintaining the Product definition at a functional and non-functional level, including the construction of Product Roadmaps
- Manage the implementation of Product Roadmaps that align with business needs.
- Managing verification campaigns on all aspects of the Product as it travels the defined Roadmap, collecting and reporting on quality metrics
- Define the service expectations of the Product (KPIs etc), monitor these pro-actively with our vendors to ensure SLAs are met
- You will be the “go to” person for your domain for users and key stakeholders.
We are looking for a permanent resource joining our offices based in Brussels. We are a dynamic European association and are delighted to offer you the opportunity to work for ENTSO-E on truly exciting projects focused in the electricity sector. With us, you will contribute to building the world’s largest integrated electricity market – impacting not only those in the energy sector but also Europe’s overall economy, today and in the future.
You will work in a truly multi-cultural environment, with colleagues from over 20 different nationalities.
Our people are the heart of our association. We value work life balance. We offer a broad range of training and development, to make sure our employees continue to develop.
We offer market competitive compensation and benefit package, with excellent insurance coverage for you and dependent family members (such as hospitalization, supplemental medical plan). You will benefit from group insurance and travel insurance. You have the opportunity to participate in a Flexible Benefits Plan to choose for those benefits that create the best value for you. We also offer a maximum of flexibility enabling to have a good balance between working digitally and in physical meetings with Members and colleagues.
If you want to play a role in creating a sustainable world, then ENTSO-E is the place for you!
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae on Entso-e career website before Friday 20 February 2021.