ENTSO-E is the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity. We coordinate the cross-border system operations, system development and electricity market activities of the 39 electricity transmission system operators (TSOs) which cover 35 countries. The ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels provides support on technical, market and policy developments for all European TSOs in their cooperation with each other, in their joint fulfilment of their legal mandates, and in the intensive interactions with EU decision-makers, regulatory agencies, associations representing network users and other stakeholders.
If you are interested in having an active role in the energy transition, you should consider joining ENTSO-E. We are a dynamic European association working on important and exciting projects of the electricity sector with the commitment to support the efforts towards a carbon-neutral power system. At ENTSO-E, you will contribute to building the world’s largest integrated electricity market – impacting not only those in the energy sector but also Europe’s overall economy, today and in the future!
We are looking for a highly professional and skilled IT Services Specialist, passionate about the European electricity market and the energy transition. Do you have integrity and skill to engender trust with excellent interpersonal skills? Are you ready to interact at the highest level within an international and future thinking organisation? If yes, ENTSO-E is the right place for you.
You will work in the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels in the in the Support Domain Department, belonging to the ICT Solutions, reporting directly to the IT Manager Internal Services. The ICT Solutions section is comprised of 3 internal and 5 external staff.
You will work as 1st Line technical support for the secretariat. This covers software, hardware, peripherals, as well as network administration.
This position is onsite at the ENTSO-E offices in Brussels.
You will contribute to the Association work mainly in the areas of ICT support and internal IT. Responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the evolution of priorities and projects.
- Provide user support (client facing). Communicate with end-users over the phone or via email to provide solutions to technical problems.
- Determine the best solution for resolution after troubleshooting end-users' issues.
- Install and configure computer systems.
- Provide accurate details on IT procedures and services and educate clients on procedures for resolving or preventing recurrence of a technical problem.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support and continue to act as a liaison person.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Publish Knowledge Base articles for all different audiences.
- Observe organizational level agreements for the resolution of tickets.
- Be proactive to discover trends, patterns and similar events that lead to the identification of issues prior to becoming chronic.
- Foster a customer centric culture whereby the internal stakeholders are considered as customers, consequently building processes and service levels with this notion.
- Follow asset management processes, update inventory.
Dedicated onsite presence at the ENTSO-E office is required, teleworking is not possible for this role.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and abilities:
- University degree in ICT and 1–2 years of proven experience as an end-user support role.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Attentive to details and show strong inclination to follow procedures.
- Possess strong customer service orientation and demonstrate professionalism and reliability when interacting with customers.
- Enthusiastic for continuous learning.
- Ability to work independently and in team setting with competing deadlines.
- Proactive and results-oriented attitude.
- Motivation to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment.
- Positive mindset aligned with the values of ENTSO-E.
This position requires the following IT knowledge:
- Proficiency in hardware components including notebooks and peripherals.
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 Cloud solutions, Azure and MS Exchange administration.
- Technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Windows 10/11 OS, as well as iOS and Android platforms are considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of Active Directory administration.
- Basic knowledge of PowerShell command.
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts such as Wi-Fi and LAN.
Our people are truly at the heart of our association. You will be part of a multinational and multi-cultural environment, with colleagues from over 30 different nationalities. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce which allows us to create an environment where we learn from each other and develop together. We strongly believe in continuous learning and offer a broad range of training and development opportunities to our employees. We are a hybrid workplace and offer a maximum of flexibility enabling to have a good balance between remote working (from Belgium) and engaging physically with colleagues.
We offer market competitive compensation and an extensive benefit package, with excellent insurance coverage for you and direct family members (such as hospitalization, supplemental medical plan). You will benefit from group insurance and travel insurance. You will have the opportunity to participate in a Flexible Benefits Plan to choose for those benefits that create the best value for you.
Additionally, we offer employees from our TSO Members the chance to apply for secondment opportunities, further enriching your experience and expanding your horizons.
Please submit your application no later than 27 November 2023, consisting of a curriculum vitae and a motivational letter on the ENTSO-E career site. Replies will be handled in strictest confidence.
ENTSO-E is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or political beliefs.