We are looking for a highly skilled Data Analytics & Reporting Intern to join the Operations section. Are you passionate about the European electricity market and the energy transition? Are you ready to interact at the highest level within an international and future thinking organisation? If yes, ENTSO-E is the right place for you.
The successful candidate will support the Operations Section of the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels, working with staff and TSO Members to analyse and produce both legally mandated and internal reports.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Assist the team in the development and maintenance of MATLAB and Simulink models;
- Collaborate with experts to analyse and interpret data for various transmission system scenarios;
- Contribute to the improvement of existing modelling techniques and processes;
- Support the team in generating reports based on the collected data and analysis;
- Participate in meetings and discussions to provide insights and recommendations based on the modelling and analysis results.
- The above tasks may include transversal interaction with the work of other Secretariat Sections, cooperation with the members of the Associations and project management support.
- Specific responsibilities may vary over time.
The ideal candidate is someone who has developed practical curiosity, innovative thinking skills and is interested in technical matters. Furthermore, we are looking for someone with the following skills and abilities:
- Pursuing a university degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems, Data Analytics or a related field.
- Previous experience in the energy sector (e.g. previous internships) and/ or demonstrated interest in the energy sector, would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge background in MATLAB and Simulink, modelling and data analytics in general is considered as a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with large sets of data.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
- Ability to plan and organise, to manage multiple projects and to establish priorities.
- Team player, result-oriented and able to work autonomously.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and external stakeholders.
The candidate should:
- Be eligible to reside in EU (meaning EU citizen or valid residence card).
- Be a full-time student. The internship has to be issued by your university as part of your studies.
- Have a personal (also provided by university) health insurance valid for Belgium during the period of the internship.
- Sign an internship agreement with your university.
- Agree on exact length of the internship and schedule (full time or part time).
An internship at ENTSO-E will allow you:
- To gain valuable experience from the inside one of our teams in a European context.
- To build and expand your professional network.
- To be part of a multicultural and dynamic environment.
- To be refunded up to 700€ per month for your relocation expenses.
We are a dynamic European association and are delighted to offer you the opportunity to work for ENTSO-E on truly exciting projects focused on the electricity sector. With us, you will contribute to building the world’s largest integrated electricity market – impacting not only those in the energy sector but also Europe’s overall economy, today and in the future.
You will work in a truly multi-cultural environment, with colleagues from over 33 different nationalities.
Please submit your application on the ENTSO-E career website, consisting of your curriculum vitae and a cover letter before 9 December 2023.
ENTSO-E is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or political beliefs.