ENTSO-E is the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity. We coordinate the cross-border system operations, system development and electricity market activities of the 39 electricity transmission system operators (TSOs) which cover 35 countries. The ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels is focal point for technical, market and policy questions for all European TSOs in their cooperation with each other, in their joint fulfilment of their legal mandates, and in the intensive interactions with European Commission, regulatory agencies, associations representing network users and other stakeholders.
If you want to play a role in creating a sustainable world, then ENTSO-E is the place for you. We are a dynamic European association and are delighted to offer you the opportunity to work for ENTSO-E on important and exciting projects focused on the electricity sector. With us, you will contribute to building the world’s largest integrated electricity market – impacting not only those in the energy sector but also Europe’s overall economy, today and in the future!
We are looking for a highly professional and skilled (Senior) Legal Advisor System Operations, passionate about the European Electricity Market and the Energy Transition. Do you have deep legal analytical expertise, combined with excellent interpersonal skills? Are you ready to work at the forefront of the legal developments in the European energy markets? If yes, ENTSO-E might be the right place for you.
You will work in the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels in the Legal section, reporting directly to the System Operations Manager. The Legal section is comprised of around 9 internal and external staff.
As (Senior) Legal Advisor System Operations at ENTSO-E, you will provide legal support to the implementation, monitoring and amendment of the Network Codes and Guidelines, as well as support the TSOs of Continental Europe Synchronous Area with legal issues related to their core business.
You will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model, allowing for a blend of remote and in-office work to support a good work-life balance.
The successful applicant is expected to:
- Provide legal support to the implementation, monitoring and amendment of the Network Codes and Guidelines, in particular the System Operations Guideline.
- Support the TSOs of Continental Europe Synchronous Area with legal issues related to their core business – system operation.
- Conduct legal research on an ad-hoc basis, producing legal analysis and legal memos, which include coordinating Legal and Regulatory Group (LRG) members work.
- Provide legal support for the interpretation and implementation of the Clean Energy Package, including advising on the Regulation on the internal market for electricity and on the Directive on common rules for the internal market for electricity as well as on the Regulation establishing a European Union Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators (ACER).
- Provide legal support in the drafting of the Network Codes and Guidelines “terms and conditions or methodologies”.
- Draft and manage contracts and complex multi-lateral agreements between three or more organizations, such as ENTSO-E’s members.
- Contribute to the preparation of the written material and providing presentation for the ENTSO-E LRG, ENTSO-E Board and ENTSO-E Assembly meetings.
- Support the ENTSO-E System Operations Committee and its project teams on other legal matters such as advising on the drafting of service providers’ contracts.
The above tasks include transversal interaction with the work of other Secretariat Sections; cooperation with the members of the LRG; project management; participation in meetings with the European Commission and ACER.
Responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the evolution of priorities and projects.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and abilities:
- University degree in Law with specialization on European Law, including preferably specialisation in Energy Law.
- Between 3 to 5 years of relevant experience for Legal Advisor and 5 to 8 years for Senior Legal Advisor (in law firm or in-house) on the above subject matters.
- Demonstrable experience in drafting and managing contracts and complex multi-lateral agreements between three or more organizations would be considered an asset.
- Experience in the energy sector, particularly in a TSO or electric utility, as well as experience in EU institutions or EU associations, would be considered an asset.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and in team setting with competing deadlines.
- Proactive and results-oriented attitude.
- Motivation to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment.
- Positive mindset aligned with the values of ENTSO-E.
Our people are truly at the heart of our association. You will be part of a multinational and multi-cultural environment, with colleagues from over 30 different nationalities. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce which allow us to create an environment where we learn from each other and develop together. We strongly believe in continuous learning and offer a broad range of training and development opportunities to our employees. We are a hybrid workplace and offer a maximum of flexibility enabling to have a good balance between remote working (from Belgium) and engaging physically with colleagues.
We offer market competitive compensation and an extensive benefit package, with excellent insurance coverage for you and dependent family members (such as hospitalization, supplemental medical plan). You will benefit from group insurance and travel insurance. You will have the opportunity to participate in a Flexible Benefits Plan to choose for those benefits that create the best value for you.
Additionally, we offer employees from our TSO Members the chance to apply for secondment opportunities, further enriching your experience and expanding your horizons.
Please submit your complete application before 17 November 2023, consisting of a curriculum vitae and a motivational letter on the ENTSO-E career site.
Replies will be dealt with swiftly and in strictest confidence.
ENTSO-E is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or political beliefs.