ENTSO-E is the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity. We coordinate the cross-border system operations, system development and electricity market activities of the 39 electricity transmission system operators (TSOs) which cover 35 countries. The ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels provides support on technical, market and policy developments for all European TSOs in their cooperation with each other, in their joint fulfilment of their legal mandates, and in the intensive interactions with EU decision-makers, regulatory agencies, associations representing network users and other stakeholders.
If you are interested in having an active role in the energy transition, you should consider joining ENTSO-E. We are a dynamic European association working on important and exciting projects of the electricity sector with the commitment to support the efforts towards a carbon-neutral power system. At ENTSO-E, you will contribute to building the world’s largest integrated electricity market – impacting not only those in the energy sector but also Europe’s overall economy, today and in the future!
We are looking for a highly professional and skilled R&D Specialist, passionate about the European electricity market and the energy transition. Do you have integrity and skill to engender trust with excellent interpersonal skills? Are you ready to interact at the highest level within an international and future thinking organisation? If yes, ENTSO-E is the right place for you.
The successful candidate will work at the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels and report to the Innovation Head of Section and the Sustainable Power Grid Manager leading the respective team. You will cooperate with Secretariat’s staff across all departments in the frame of the Secretariat's program management structure and ENTSO-E's future efficiency-oriented project framework.
You will contribute to the Association's work mainly in the area of innovation and shall ensure timely and quality delivery of work products and facilitate discussions among TSOs. Occasional short travels (e.g., 1-2 days per month) may be required.
You will support ENTSO-E's work on identifying and developing Research & Innovation (R&I) activities linked to ENTSO-E RDI Roadmap and its Flagships. You will ensure the timely delivery of work products of the project concepts included in the ENTSO-E Implementation Report. Specific responsibilities may change over time depending on the evolution of the Innovation section's policy priorities and strategic projects. Depending on the candidate’s skill set and experience, tasks will be allocated from the following:
- Support the activities of the Research Development and Innovation Committee (RDIC) and Thematic Working Groups.
- Take a leading role in developing and organising deliverables related to innovative asset management, sustainability, the impact of power electronic systems on transmission grids, and advancements in the energy system, particularly regarding control centres and information and communication technologies integration.
- Actively participate in the workstreams of relevant Working Groups and provide expert advice in discussions and other matters of interest to these groups and their members.
- Ensure coordinated, repeatable, and harmonised execution of interlinked projects and activities across ENTSO-E.
- Assist the groups in administrative and organisational tasks, including coordinating with legal colleagues, meeting organisation, agenda preparation, and tracking action items.
- Disseminate knowledge generated from R&I activities throughout ENTSO-E, involving TSO members, market, system development, operation and information and communication technologies committees, the Board, and the Assembly.
- Liaise with other associations such as companies and industry associations of manufacturers, EU institutions (European Commission and EU Agencies), and the research community.
- University degree in electrical engineering, power system engineering or related discipline with proven knowledge of operational and technical aspects of European power systems. Familiarity with research, innovation, and technology would be advantageous.
- At least 5 years of experience in the power system business, electric utilities, academia or consultancy combined with R&D&I in electricity activities.
- Proven expertise in the electricity sector.
- Experience in external representation and meetings with relevant stakeholder management.
- Experience in implementing projects in the energy sector, including strong organisational and planning skills. Proven expertise in supporting projects and managing tasks within complex structures and across multiple groups. Previous success in delivering business projects is a plus.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting with competing deadlines.
- Proactive and results-oriented attitude.
- Motivation to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment.
- Experience in European-funded projects (specifically Horizon 2020/Europe programmes) would be considered an advantage.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel in particular). Experience with SharePoint is beneficial.
Our people are truly at the heart of our association. You will be part of a multinational and multi-cultural environment, with colleagues from over 30 different nationalities. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce which allows us to create an environment where we learn from each other and develop together. We strongly believe in continuous learning and offer a broad range of training and development opportunities to our employees. We are a hybrid workplace and offer a maximum of flexibility enabling to have a good balance between remote working (from Belgium) and engaging physically with colleagues.
We offer market competitive compensation and an extensive benefit package, with excellent insurance coverage for you and direct family members (such as hospitalization, supplemental medical plan). You will benefit from group insurance and travel insurance. You will have the opportunity to participate in a Flexible Benefits Plan to choose for those benefits that create the best value for you.
Additionally, we offer employees from our TSO Members the chance to apply for secondment opportunities, further enriching your experience and expanding your horizons.
Please submit your complete application consisting of a motivational letter and curriculum vitae on the ENTSO-E career website. Replies will be handled in strictest confidence.
ENTSO-E is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or political beliefs.