DKV is part of the international Munich Re Group, one of the world's largest reinsurers. Working for DKV means working for the Belgian market leader in private health insurance.
It also means striving for values such as customer and result orientation, integrity and involvement (organisational commitment). We are building an open and inclusive corporate culture based on trust, teamwork, transformational leadership and a sense of initiative.
Together, we put these values into practice every day to further strengthen the trust of our two million policyholders.
Reports to: Head of IT Security
Purpose: DKV is looking for a security engineer, who enjoys IT security work and possesses deep and wide expertise in application security space.
You will be responsible to make our systems and applications more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping applications, computers and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data in IT security.
- Implement and monitor security measures for the protection of IT systems, networks, applications and data
- Control access rights in coordination with Business responsible of applications
- Serving as a contact point for security problems to ensure a good service delivery:
- Analyze user and suppliers questions and recommend solutions
- Inform and guide users and suppliers
- Provide support for the most complex security problems and anticipate potential problems to guarantee the highest availability of systems.
- Analyze technical security incidents from different sources (Security Operation Center, business, ….), insure the follow-up and act a SPOC
- Collaborate on new business, security and infrastructure projects
- Document and maintain the security documentation of the infrastructure and its configuration in collaboration with the system or security architect
- Identify and define system and application security requirements
- Collaborate with Architects on definition of standards & solutions
- Contribute to security procedures & policies definition
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement and perform IT risk assessment
- Identify tools for monitoring & testing the security of the network, system & application, schedule regular vulnerability scans
- Analyze web application vulnerabilities and alerts from WAF, support pentests and plan remediations with development teams
- Help to write usecases and playbooks for SIEM
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent by experience
- 3+ years of experience as Security engineer (system, network, application security)
- Experience in building and maintaining some of security systems:
- WAF, PAM, IAM, IDS/IPS, SIEM, EDR, DLP
- Knowledge of OWASP methodologies and main mitigations
- Knowledge of WAF, processes in SDLC and tools used for security in CI/CD (SAST, DAST, etc)
- Experience with application, network security and networking technologies, with system, security, and security monitoring tools (SIEM, WAF, Vulnerability scanners …)
- Deep understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Fast self-learner, outside-the-box thinking to anticipate possible threats, problem solving skills, result oriented, ability to work in team and meet strict deadlines
Any certifications and passed training are highly appreciated:
- CEH, SAN, OSCP, OSWE, CISSP, GSE(C), AWAE, etc
At DKV we offer you a varied job with growing opportunities (thanks to trainings, coaching, projects and internal mobility) and all this in the heart of Brussels (close to the Grand Place and the central station).
Besides a competitive gross salary, we offer an extensive standard package of extra-legal benefits:
- year-end premium (13th month)
- competitive insurance package (hospitalization insurance, ambulatory insurance, guaranteed income insurance and pension plan)
- discount on DKV insurance products
- free public transport
- company restaurant
- meal vouchers
- eco cheques
- gift voucher
- collective company premium (CLA 90)
- internet allowance
- homeworking allowance
Moreover, you can also count on an attractive leave scheme (at least 31 days), flexible working hours and the possibility to homework up to three days a week. This way of hybrid working guarantees you a good balance between work and your private life.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs. If you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can make any reasonable adjustments needed to support you through your recruitment journey.