DKV is part of the international Munich Re Group, one of the world's largest reinsurers. Working for DKV means working for the Belgian market leader in private health insurance.
It also means striving for values such as customer and result orientation, integrity and involvement (organisational commitment). We are building an open and inclusive corporate culture based on trust, teamwork, transformational leadership and a sense of initiative.
Together, we put these values into practice every day to further strengthen the trust of our two million policyholders.
As senior system engineer, you guarantee the availability of the systems and networks, and the continuity of the associated IT equipment so the end users can always do their work professionally. More concretely, your tasks will be the following:
Act as the point of contact for network and systems problems in order to ensure a good delivery of services:
- Analyze users’ questions and recommend possible solutions
- Inform and guide users
- Offer support for the most complex issues and anticipate potential problems to ensure optimal availability of systems
Evaluate, adjust, develop and document the network and systems infrastructure in order to improve it:
- Ensure that updates, patches, etc. offered by suppliers are frequently checked and installed
- Suggest possible improvements to the existing infrastructure
- Ensure the correct layout of the network infrastructure based on an analysis of requests from users and/or colleagues in the IT department
Collaborate on new infrastructure projects:
- Install new infrastructure elements or new services to carry out new projects or improve existing systems
- Introduce, carry out and evaluate projects for implementing new systems/networks
Manage the operation and maintenance of the company’s network and systems infrastructure to ensure continuous operation of the network/systems. This includes the implementation, maintenance and continuous oversight of an effective and practical monitoring system.
Manage the technical aspects of IT systems and networks.
Carry out production releases in strict compliance with the processes set out within the organization, ensuring that all necessary authorizations have been given. Ensure that different versions of production releases are coherent with each other.
Produce and update documentation on the infrastructure and its configuration in collaboration with the systems architect. This documentation includes the logical AND physical configuration of the network and systems infrastructure. In the case of infrastructure, the IP address plan, routing and hardware must be detailed.
Act as the service desk’s first point of escalation.
Manage the administration of databases during stages of production, testing and development.
Ensure the continuity of the systems supporting the business in all circumstances. This includes planning, implementing and regularly executing a DRP plan.
You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT or equivalent by work experience.
You have several years of experience as a System Engineer, a first experience in analysis and strategical work is a plus.
You are fluent in Dutch and English, or French and English and feel comfortable working in an international context.
You are a team player who can easily work together with other IT-teams and business teams, in Belgium and within the group.
You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
You have technical skills and experience in the following domains:
- Windows Server 2008(r2), 2012(r2), 2016 and 2019
- Active Directory 2008, 2016
- VMWare Vsphere 6 and 7, SRM
- VEEAM availability suit
- Microsoft Exchange 2016
- Office 365
Experience with one or more of the following systems is a strong plus:
- Firewalls (Fortinet, Palo Alto)
- Symantec Enterprise Vault and Endpoint Protection
- Pulse MAG VPN
- Aruba Airwave
- F5 Load Balancer
- VOIP Mitel products, softphone, xPhone Fax
- Dell EMC storage
- Knowledge of Linux systems
Knowledge of AS400 and SQL is a benefit.
You participate in the on-call/shift plan to ensure optimal coverage of business hours and daily “Start of Day” activities.
At DKV we offer you a varied job with growing opportunities (thanks to trainings, coaching, projects and internal mobility) and all this in the heart of Brussels (close to the Grand Place and the central station).
Besides a competitive gross salary, we offer an extensive standard package of extra-legal benefits:
- year-end premium (13th month)
- competitive insurance package (hospitalization insurance, ambulatory insurance, guaranteed income insurance and pension plan)
- discount on DKV insurance products
- free public transport
- company restaurant
- meal vouchers
- eco cheques
- gift voucher
- collective company premium (CLA 90)
- internet allowance
- homeworking allowance
Moreover, you can also count on an attractive leave scheme (at least 31 days), flexible working hours and the possibility to homework up to three days a week. This way of hybrid working guarantees you a good balance between work and your private life.