DKV is part of the international Munich Re Group, one of the world's largest reinsurers. Working for DKV means working for the Belgian market leader in private health insurance.
It also means striving for values such as customer- and result-orientation, integrity, and involvement (organisational commitment). We are building an open and inclusive corporate culture based on trust, teamwork, transformational leadership, and a sense of initiative.
Together, we put these values into practice every day to further strengthen the trust of our two million policyholders.
As a system engineer, you guarantee the availability of mainly the Linux systems and networks, and the continuity of the associated IT equipment so the end users can always do their work professionally. More concretely, your tasks will be the following:
Act as the point of contact for Linux network and systems problems in order to ensure a good delivery of services:
- Analyze users’ questions and recommend possible solutions
- Inform and guide users
- Offer support for the most complex issues and anticipate potential problems to ensure optimal availability of Linux systems
- Act as the service desk’s first point of escalation.
Evaluate, adjust, develop, and document the Linux network and systems infrastructure in order to improve it:
- Ensure that updates, patches, etc. offered by suppliers are frequently checked and installed
- Suggest possible improvements to the existing infrastructure
- Ensure the correct layout of the network infrastructure based on an analysis of requests from users and/or colleagues in the IT department
Collaborate on new infrastructure projects:
- Install new infrastructure elements or new services to carry out new projects or improve existing systems
- Introduce, carry out, and evaluate projects for implementing new systems/networks
Manage the network and system infrastructure:
- Manage the operation and maintenance of the company’s network and systems infrastructure to ensure continuous operation of the network/systems. This includes the implementation, maintenance, and continuous oversight of an effective and practical monitoring system.
- Manage the technical aspects of IT systems and networks.
Manage production releases:
- Carry out production releases in strict compliance with the processes set out within the organization, ensuring that all necessary authorizations have been given.
Ensure that different versions of production releases are coherent with each other.
- Produce and update documentation on the infrastructure and its configuration in collaboration with the systems architect. This documentation includes the logical AND physical configuration of the network and systems infrastructure. In the case of infrastructure, the IP address plan, routing and hardware must be detailed.
Manage the administration of Linux databases during stages of production, testing, and development.
Ensure the continuity of the systems supporting the business in all circumstances. This includes planning, implementing, and regularly executing a DRP plan.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT or equivalent by work experience.
- You have several years of experience as a System Engineer, a first experience in analysis and strategical work is a plus.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, or French and English and feel comfortable working in an international context.
- You are a team player who can easily work together with other IT-teams and business teams, in Belgium and within the group.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are flexible and prepared to participate in the on-call/shift plan to ensure optimal coverage of business hours and daily “Start of Day” activities.
- You are a good communicator and a quick learner
You have technical skills and experience in the following domains:
- Linux (Red Hat or other distribution)
- VMWare vSpere
- Active Directory
- Windows Server 2012 (R2) and 2016
- Symanetec Enterprise Vault and Endpoint Protection
- VoIP Mittel products, softphone, xPhone Fax
- Load Balancing (F5)
Knowledge of AS400 and SQL is an asset.
Affinity with containers, Kubernetes, networking, security
At DKV we offer you a varied job with growing opportunities (thanks to training, coaching, projects, and internal mobility) and all this in the heart of Brussels (close to the Grand Place and the central station).
Besides a competitive gross salary, we offer an extensive standard package of extra-legal benefits:
- year-end premium (13th month)
- competitive insurance package (hospitalization insurance, ambulatory insurance, guaranteed income insurance and pension plan)
- discount on DKV insurance products
- free public transport
- meal vouchers
- eco cheques
- gift voucher
- collective company premium (CLA 90)
- internet allowance
- homeworking allowance
Moreover, you can also count on an attractive leave scheme (at least 31 days), flexible working hours and the possibility to do homework up to an average of three days a week. This way of hybrid working guarantees you a good balance between work and your private life.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based solely on performance, competence, conduct, or business needs. If you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can make any reasonable adjustments needed to support you through your recruitment journey.