Who we are
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
We at Biotalys have the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. We are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on our ground-breaking technology platform, we have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Our products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
Our headquarters are located in the vibrant biotech cluster in Ghent, Belgium, and our US subsidiary is based in Durham, North Carolina. More information can be found on www.biotalys.com.
To strengthen our valuable team of dedicated employees in Belgium, Biotalys is looking for a senior Researcher Lead Identification.
Scope of your job
Biotalys is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the “Lead identification & Early Producibility” team (Discovery department) as a Senior Researcher Lead Identification. In this role you will actively contribute to our antibody discovery and characterization activities for the identification of novel AGROBODY™ bioactives against key crop pest and disease targets.
- Build antibody fragment libraries in display-based systems (such as phage display)
- Conduct selections for discovery of AGROBODY™ bioactive candidates against challenging targets
- Design and generate proteins for screening
- Design and implement high throughput solutions for phage display output screening
- Design and implement screening assays using ELISA and/or FACS
- Advance novel approaches to accelerate discovery campaigns or improve the resulting panel of leads
- Analyse and report results, with recommendations for next steps
- Present results and observations in weekly/monthly team and project-oriented teams
- Actively contribute to the further development of our AGROBODY™ bioactives discovery and characterization platform
What we are looking for
- Master degree in life sciences, biotechnology, molecular biology, or related discipline
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in an antibody discovery environment
- Proven track record of antibody discovery using phage display or related display techniques
- Up to date with recent developments in the field of display techniques and antibody discovery
- Ability to conceive and design experiments, develop assays, optimize protocols, and interpret experimental results
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques: DNA/RNA isolation, PCR, cloning, DNA sequencing
- Experience in DNA sequence analysis/editing tools such as CLC Main workbench
- Ability to learn and embrace new technologies quickly, work independently on multiple projects simultaneously and communicate well with the team
- Experience in supervising lab technicians or students is an asset
- A pro-active attitude and solid problem-solving skills with a sense for creativity and innovation
- Enthusiastic, driven, autonomous and proactive team player
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, managing priorities based on team deliverables.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and orally
- Experience with Robotic liquid handler is an asset
- Previous industry experience is strongly preferred
What we offer
Teamwork, innovation, passion, well-being and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees. We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Are you ready to set new grounds and new standards? Please apply via our career site www.biotalys.com and add your CV and motivation letter to your application.