Who we are
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
We at Biotalys have the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. We are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on our ground-breaking technology platform, we have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Our products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
Our headquarters are located in the vibrant biotech cluster in Ghent, Belgium, and our US subsidiary is based in Durham, North Carolina. More information can be found on www.biotalys.com.
To strengthen our valuable team of dedicated employees, Biotalys is looking for a (Senior) Research Associate Lead Characterization - Bioanalytics.
Scope of your job
As (Senior) Research Associate Lead Characterization, you are involved in the characterization of AGROBODY™ bioactive candidates for various pests and pathogen applications. The main activities will include planning and performance of in vitro screenings to support the selection of lead candidate molecules.
We are looking for a hands-on person that likes to perform experiments efficiently. You will enjoy a scale-up environment where flexibility is part of the company culture and where your effort makes a big difference. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you need to be willing to take on additional tasks and responsibilities if needed, communication is key.
- Optimize protocols and perform different in vitro assays with microorganisms and cell lines to test the activity of AGROBODY™ bioactives (screenings).
- Plan and perform binding and functional assays by flow cytometry and ELISA.
- Transfection, maintenance, plating and quality control of mammalian and insect cell lines for the expression of target antigens and functional assays.
- Plan and perform experiments independently, interpret and report the results and propose follow-up steps.
- Detailed maintenance of lab notebooks and timely recording of findings in experimental reports.
- Assist in the preparation of laboratory operational procedures.
- Troubleshoot lab methods and instruments.
- Presentation of results and findings to colleagues and team members in functional and project team meetings.
What we are looking for
- A Bachelor or Master degree in the area of biochemistry, biology, biotechnology or equivalent with 3-4 years of relevant laboratory work experience.
- Hands-on experience in cell culture and stable cell line generation is required.
- Hands-on experience and knowledge in microbiology.
- Hands-on experience in designing and performing flow-cytometry experiments. Work experience with Attune Nxt is a plus.
- Knowledge and interest in microscopy is an asset.
- Passion for laboratory work and willingness to work in an R&D environment.
- Eager to investigate and learn.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to manage priorities based on team deliverables.
- A team-oriented and pro-active attitude, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and orally.
- Open to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
What we offer
Teamwork, innovation, passion, well-being and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees. We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Are you ready to set new grounds and new standards? Please apply via our career site www.biotalys.com and add your CV and motivation letter to your application.