How will you make a difference?
We want to get the best out of you: whoever you are, wherever you're from, whatever your outfit.
Karel de Grote University of Applied Sciences and Arts is a warm and ambitious learning and working environment located in the super-diverse city of Antwerp. You will work together with 1,450 colleagues and for more than 13,000 students.
We are commited to innovative and challenging education with room for growth.
More and more international students are finding their way to KdG, often choosing one of our English-language professional bachelor programmes. In order to support them even better in their choice of study, the Marketing & Communication department is looking for a motivated colleague who will be working as
International Marketing Officer - Content - 40%
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You are responsible for the external communication towards prospective international students and partners, in close liaison with the international student recruiters and a digital marketeer.
- Starting from a strategic marketing plan, you translate our story into strong content that informs and enthuses student-readers.
- You convey the international KdG brand in relevant and up-to-date information, which you roll out with your team. All this via the right channel(s) and at the right moment in the customer journey of the international student.
- You are responsible for the content and coordination of a wide range of online and offline recruitment channels - our website, brochures, mailouts, social media, recruitment platforms, webinars, and so on.
- Suffice it to say, you will do this in flawless and engaging English, tailored to the international student and his/her environment.
- You are in close contact with the training and support services involved and know better than anyone how to translate our international offering and services into inspiring and informative texts.
- You take the lead in creative campaigns that we set up ourselves or with our partners.
- You are mainly employed at Campus Zuid, but will occasionally travel to the other KdG campuses where we have an English language offering. Hybrid and partly working from home is possible.
- You are part of the Marketing and Communication department and report to the Head of Marketing and Communication. You will also be part of a project team that works specifically on international marketing and recruitment.
- You have a Bachelor's degree (maximum), or equivalent through experience.
- You are ideally a native or near-native English speaker (C2) and have excellent oral and written knowledge of Dutch (C1). Knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- You have a razor-sharp English pen and are familiar with or have experience in other media.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience in international (marketing) communication, preferably within the context of higher education.
- You have experience with working through a customer journey and (international) content marketing.
- You are a natural-born storyteller and a communicative team player, with a sense of initiative and collaboration.
- You are a rock. You work independently, purposefully and accurately, even in sometimes stressful situations. You can plan and prioritise.
- But you are also a ninja: driven, flexible and enterprising - the landscape and organisation in which you work are in full flux.
- This makes that you are proactive and solution-oriented, you identify opportunities and know how to turn them into actions and concrete results.
- A job that never bores, in a sector that is innovative like no other, in a young and dynamic team.
- A part-time employment contract (40%) as a contract employee.
- The assignment starts as soon as possible after recruitment with a contract until 31 August 2022. The assignment may be renewed after a favourable evaluation.
- A salary based on your qualifications and experience within the growth path B21-B32. (equivalent of salary scales 592-584-594-595). For more information on salary scales and pay scales, please visit http://onderwijs.vlaanderen.be/nl/vind-je-salarisschaal#hoger-onderwijs
- Typical employment conditions within our university college are flexible working hours, a laptop, the possibility to work from home, training opportunities and an attractive holiday scheme.
- Full reimbursement for commuting by public transport and/or a bicycle allowance of 0.15 euro/km.
- KdG believes in the passion and talent of its employees and strives for equal opportunities. With respect for diversity and a good balance between men and women, different ages and cultural backgrounds. Therefore, we invite everyone to apply for this vacancy.
You can only apply online via our website https://www.kdg.be/vacatures
- click on the desired vacancy - apply online at the bottom of the page - fill in the application form and attach a detailed motivation letter & your CV.
The Dutch version of this vacancy can be found here.
The application period is open until 31 August:
- The 1st selection round takes place on the basis of the applications sent in. - The 2nd round consists of a selection interview and test (on 10 September).
More information about this vacancy can be obtained from Geertrui Robbrecht, Head of the Marketing and Communication Department, at email@example.com
Need assistance in posting your application? We are happy to help you! Contact the HR department on 03 613 13 36 or firstname.lastname@example.org
During summer we close our doors between 10 July and 15 August. After the break, we are back on post, fully charged and ready for action!