ABOUT EIT FOOD:
The website of EIT Food is https://www.eitfood.eu
EIT Food is a young and fast-growing organisation working towards a more more sustainable and healthy food system in Europe that is trusted by consumers. It is one of eight Innovation Communities established by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), an independent EU body set up in 2008, to drive innovation and entrepreneurship across Europe.
EIT Food is a member organisation bringing together key industry players, agri-food startups, research centres and universities from across Europe representing the food value chain in Europe. In addition to thematic leadership, EIT Food is also responsible for coordinating a multi-million euro EU grant allocation from the EIT and distributing it among its partners and stakeholders for the implementation of cooperation projects. It also manages other grants and donor funding opportunities on behalf of the Partnership.
EIT Food headquarters (HQ) are based in Leuven (Belgium) and it has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLCs) in Europe (based in Poland, Spain, Germany, the UK and Belgium), each working with and for partners in several EIT Food partner countries. The main objectives of the CLCs are to grow and support the network of partners in their region, execute regional and local activities, as well as organising thematic events.
The selected candidate will be anquored in CLC North-East offices in Poland. A remote working environment is possible. The expected starting date is September 2020.
Frequent travel within the regions covered by CLC North-East and CLC Central as well as to other EIT Food locations will be required to foster the partnership support.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The full-time position ´Partnership Support Officer´ is the first point of contact for all partners and stakeholders located in the regions covered by CLC North-East and CLC Central. The position is responsible in all matters related to partner participation in activities with EIT Food. In this role and in collaboration with both CLC Directors, you will formulate and implement an engagement strategy for the CLCs Partnership. In addition, you will also share reponsibilities together with the Operations Team located in the EIT Food HQ in Leuven.
CLC North-East is based in Warsaw, Poland and covers Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Poland and Baltic Countries focusing on Innovation, Consumer engagement, Education and Business creation areas. It is also responsible for the implementation of the Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) activities in Central and Eastern European countries promoting innovation and entrepreneurship in regions that are modest and moderate innovators.
CLC Central is based in the Munich area (Freising), Germany and covers Austria, Germany and the Netherlands. Main thematic focus of CLC Central is Sustainability in Agriculture and Circular Food Systems. Furthermore CLC Central is strongly engaged for the food sector in the areas of innovation, education, business creation and communication.
The main areas of responsibility are described below, however, note that as the role develops your responsibilities may broaden or change.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the CLC directors in profiling and engaging potential new partners and stakeholders relationships, including matters related to partnership applications, queries, onboarding and partnership management;
- Assist CLCs partners with relation to the implementation of the EIT grant cycle and receipt of EU funding through the annual Grant Agreements signed with the EIT. This includes the Call for Proposals stage, monitoring of project implementation, amendment of projects mid-year, as well as performance and cost reporting in line with Horizon 2020 (later Horizon Europe) requirements. This role will be implemented through on-going support of the partners via e-mail / phone / meetings, regular trainings related to specific stages of the grant cycle, including sharing of best practice;
- Support communication within the CLCs partnership to facilitate collaboration, interactions, and keep them informed about funding and networking opportunities driving EIT Food growth and strategy and enabling their further engagement;
- Support the CLCs teams in organising partner events and training sessions for partners.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. food and/or life sciences, business/innovation management, communication, public relations) or equivalent professional qualifications.
- 3-5 years of work experience in a relevant field in an international environment (e.g. project management, relationship management, network coordination, etc.);
- Good knowledge of EU funding programmes, including Horizon 2020 funding rules. Experience with the EIT grant cycle and funding specifics will be considered an asset;
- Strong communication skills, incl. presentation and facilitation skills;
- Expertise in remote working is considered an asset;
- Excellent oral and written knowledge of English, knowledge of Polish or German or other languages covered by the regions of CLC North-East and CLC Central will be considered an asset;
- Proven ability to establish trust and good communication channels, in particular with remote international stakeholders;
- Ability to take ownership of tasks, work independently, responding to shifting priorities;
- Be process-orientated with attention to detail, able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
Interested candidates are asked to send their application with their CV and Cover Letter in English online before 15th August 2020. In the subject line of the email please state your name and “Partnership Support Officer”.
In case of questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.