About EIT Food
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast-growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has the characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain.
About EIT Food Accelerator Network
With 40 + academic and corporate partners involved, the EIT Food Accelerator Network (EIT FAN) is one of the flagship programmes of EIT Food in general and within the strategic area Business Creation specifically. The EIT FAN programme currently operates in six acceleration hubs based in the UK, ES, CH, IL, FI and DE. In 2022, we are looking to expand to a 7th hub in Paris (France). The selected startups benefit from a structured 4 month programme with access to tools, connections and expert coaching from EIT Food partner companies, investors, and experienced entrepreneurs.
The Key Account / Corporate Venturing Manager (f/m/d) will be spear-heading the business development & corporate venturing activities in CLC West (i.e. France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Switzerland) by leading the EIT FAN hub in Paris (France) and closely working with some of Europe’s best agri-food start-ups and leading actors in the agri-food space to ensure that they can work as optimal as possible within the EIT Food environment.
You will be responsible for:
1. Leading the Corporate Venturing activities in CLC West, meaning that you will be:
- Responsible for the business development and key account management of CLC West Corporate Partners interested in start-up activities.
- Working together with CLC West Corporate Partners by organizing matchmakings, workshops and providing pilot project process facilitation.
- Driving the successful implementation of EIT Food specific financial sustainability strategy in CLC West.
2. Acting as EIT FAN hub leader based in Paris, meaning that you will be:
- Coordinating with EIT FAN activity leader, facilitating hub-specific EIT FAN strategy development and reporting
- Supervising local programme implementation and support the onboarding of local programme contributors (e.g. mentors, experts, facility providers) from our partner network and third party organizations.
- Initiating and managing connections with French ecosystem players (e.g. start-ups, investors, media outlets, etc.).
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications and experience
- Educational background related to either entrepreneurship, innovation management, business development, project management or key account management.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience related to start-up acceleration, corporate venturing, (open) innovation, key account management or business development
- Well connected within the French or Paris start-up ecosystem is a plus
- Experience related to agri-food sector is a plus
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office tools (including Word and Excel)
Skills and behaviour
- Excellent ability to connect with people
- Ability to keep track of a high number of different tasks and topics at the same time and with high responsibility.
- Organised, proactive and trustworthy
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills in English
- Ability to work both independently and in small (multi-national) teams
WHAT ‘S IN IT FOR YOU?
This is clearly a job with growing opportunities where you:
- Support impactful start-ups to transform Europe’s agri-food system
- Build excellent relationships with international partners fostering collaboration and creativity
- Develop experience in cross-functional projects and activities in a multinational setting
- Can easily grow beyond the current job description based on own skills
LOCATION & TRAVEL FREQUENCY:
Paris (France). Occasional business travel within Europe can be expected.
EXPECTED START DATE:
As soon as possible.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and motivation letter (both in English) in electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7 November 2021. Please write in the subject line of your email: “application for the position of Corporate Venturing Manager”. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview on 19 November. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.