JOB VACANCY AT EIT FOOD / CLC WEST
Programme Manager HEI Capacity Building, CLC West.
EIT Food is looking for a qualified and highly motivated individual to work with EIT Food’s Director of Education to develop and help administer a new initiative aimed at building innovation and entrepreneurship capacity in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) across Europe. You will be part of a team to develop and implement specific actions to support selected HEIs within the agrifood system, in collaboration with EIT Food partners. You will also liaise with other EIT Knowledge Innovation Communities (KICs) to coordinate support actions across all KICs. Actions to be developed will include activities which strengthen (i) education and human capital development, (ii) innovation and knowledge transfer, (iii) innovation pathways to enterprise development; (iv) broader societal engagement and local/regional leadership.
At local level you will co-develop and execute activities for partners, local stakehoders, and the wider public, such as networking events, matchmaking, co-creation and outreach activities. These activities are focusing on the areas of Circular Food Systems and Digital Traceability. As needed, you will assist the Director of Education and the CLC West director in their tasks, e.g. by carrying out specialised, financially sustainable activities in the educational arena.
JOB AND CONTRACT TYPE:
The position is full-time. The position is permanent. You need to have a permanent residence in Belgium.
You will be housed in Leuven at EIT Food CLC West (CLC West covering the countries Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Switzerland). You are flexible in your work hours and if needed are able to travel to various meeting locations within Europe.
For day-to-day operations you will report to the Director of the Co-Location Centre (CLC West). Your functional reporting line (according to the matrix organisation of EIT Food) will be the Functional Director of Education at EIT Food Headquarters.
EXPECTED START DATE:
The expected starting date is as soon as possibly, preferably January 2021.
The activities for 2021 are focused on building processes, infrastructure, communications and branding, but also alignment to existing EU higher education programmes will be set up. The local activities will focus on the creation of city hubs where the different stakeholders are connected and supported to develop new products and services in co-development with citizens. Subsequent years will see a scaling of piloted activities. To support this, the HEI CBI Programme Manager will:
- Liaise with key stakeholders, both locally and pan European
- Design, develop and implement a variety of activities (locally and pan European) in collaboration with colleagues, representatives from other KICs, EIT Food partners and external stakeholders
- Ensuring compliance of functional area activities from an operational perspective, e.g. with EIT and EU rules
- Together with the Director of Education develop EIT Food's mission and vision for the Capacity Building Initiatve further
- Collaborate with other KICs and other EU institutions to create synergies
- Support the implementation of an integrated innovation ecosystem by collaborating internally with the functional areas Business Creation, Innovation and Consumer Engagement
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- You have relevant working experience in the area of education and innovation in the food sector (1-5 years)
- You have a graduate degree in Natural, Technical, Social, or Economic Sciences
- You have demonstrated your ability to work collaboratively in multinational teams, contributing to the success of the team
- You have proven, excellent project management skills
- You have an excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have proven ability to work independently
- You have a very good knowledge of English (both spoken and written). There is a strong preference for a candidate with French and/or Dutch language skills
OPTIONAL COMPETENCES AND EXPERIENCES:
- Familiarity with Horizon 2020 project administration is desirable
- An understanding of how institutional frameworks shape the scope for innovation and entrepreneurship within Higher Education Institutions will be beneficial
- Understanding and preferable also experience with system Innovation and working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with compliance monitoring and assessing performance metrics
EIT FOOD OFFER:
EIT Food offers a competitive salary package.
Flexibility and the balance between work and private life are equally important.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
DESCRIPTION OF EIT FOOD:
EIT Food is a consortium of over 50 partners from leading businesses, research centres and universities across 13 countries. It is a people-centric and resource-smart transformer of the European food system, driving consumer confidence and improved global health.
EIT Food members have a strong belief that the food sector needs to be transformed and that this can only be achieved by reconnecting partners within the food sector and by giving the consumer a more central role. The main issues the food sector is facing are that it is complex, fragmented, slow to adopt new technologies, not attractive to new talent, and not resource efficient. An effective food sector is needed to address major societal issues and challenges: feeding 9-10 billion people in 2050; 3 billion overweight people; 2 billion undernourished people; >30% of food wasted.
EIT Food’s vision is to put Europe at the centre of a global revolution in food innovation and production, and its value in society. EIT Food will engage consumers in the change process, improve nutrition and make the food system more resource-efficient, secure, transparent and trusted. EIT Food has six strategic objectives:
- Overcome low consumer trust: support Europeans in the transition towards a smart food system that is inclusive and trusted;
- Create consumer valued food for healthier nutrition: enable individuals to make informed and affordable personal nutrition choices;
- Build a consumer-centric connected food system: develop a digital food supply network with consumers and industry as equal partners;
- Enhance sustainability: develop solutions to transform the traditional ‘produceuse-dispose’ model into a circular bio-economy;
- Educate to engage, innovate and advance: Provide ‘food system’ skills for more than 10,000 students, entrepreneurs and professionals through advanced training programmes.
- Catalyse food entrepreneurship and innovation: foster innovation at all stages of business creation.
EIT Food boosts the skills and entrepreneurial spirit in the sector and unlocks the potential of small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), which in turn will accelerate innovation, create jobs, benefit businesses and increase Europe’s competitiveness.
The pan-European EIT Food KIC is headquartered in Belgium and its partnership brings together change-makers in all relevant sectors and fields. EIT Food is well positioned to achieve the maximum impact on the challenges outlined above. The highly committed partnership will conceive, develop, evaluate and adopt new market-oriented approaches to innovation.
EIT Food CLC West is structured as a Belgian “international non-profit association” (“internationale vereniging zonder winstoogmerk – ivzw”) based in Leuven. The KIC has a Supervisory Board and a Management Team.
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and motivation letter (both in English) in electronic format in the CV Warehouse tool on our website EITFOOD.EU before January 18 th, 2021.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview at EIT Food with the Director of Education and the CLC West Director. They may be asked to provide proof of qualifications, background, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.