ABOUT EIT FOOD
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers. Established by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) in 2017, EIT Food is a fast-growing partnership organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector.
EIT Food is a member organisation bringing together key industry players, agri-food startups, research centres and universities from across Europe representing the food value chain in Europe. In addition to thematic leadership, EIT Food is also responsible for coordinating a multi-million euro EU grant allocation from the EIT and distributing it among its partners and stakeholders for the implementation of projects.
EIT Food headquarters (HQ) are based in Leuven (Belgium) and it has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLCs) in Europe (based in Poland, Spain, Germany, the UK and Belgium), each working with and for partners in several EIT Food partner countries.
Visit our website: https://www.eitfood.eu.
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for developing the marketing communication and dissemination strategy targeted at startups for EIT Food, and planning and executing promotional activities to enhance brand visibility, drive programme uptake, and achieve marketing goals of our business creation programmes. Firstly, implementing the promotion activities for the entrepreneurship programmes and services of EIT Food, including the three pan European startup programmes (Seedbed Incubator, FAN (Food Accelerator Network) and RisingFoodStars), Corporate Venturing services and Investment activities. Secondly, reinforcing activities from across EIT Food that can be of particular interest to startups (for example the EIT Food Mission Call, regional entrepreneurship programmes).
It is your job to turn our entrepreneurship programmes and services value propositions into compelling marketing messages for customers, prospects, and internal audiences, taking into account user and buyer personas and the competitive environment. You will closely collaborate with cross-functional teams, oversee communication campaigns, and ensure consistent messaging across all channels.
The Marketing Communications Lead will become part of the newly to be set up Business Development team. Ad interim, you will report into the Chief Brand and Communication Officer.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct market research to identify target audiences, buying behaviours, industry trends, and competitors. Understand the needs, preferences, and challenges of the identified target audiences.
- Develop and execute marketing communication (marcom) strategy and plans for the entrepreneurship programmes and services of EIT Food, outlining the timing, channels, and tactics to be used for each campaign, aligned with the company's overall objectives. The first priority will be coordinating the yearly marketing campaign for startups’ recruitment across the EIT Food programmes.
- Set clear and measurable marcom objectives, such as brand awareness, lead generation, applicant targets.
- Regularly review and refine your marketing communication strategy.
Marcom assets & content creation:
- Lead the review of existing assets and subsequent creation and coordination of marcom assets across the 3 programmes (with the support of communication agencies where required).
- Develop a process to capture content arising from the programmes in a streamlined way.
- Create compelling and relevant content that resonates with selected target audiences.
- Tailor content for different platforms and stages of the customer journey.
- Ensure that promotional activities align with EIT Food (brand) messaging, channel development and positioning and line up with EIT (Food) brand processes and guidelines.
- Ensure brand consistency (brand application, messaging and brand voice) across all communication materials and channels.
- Oversee/execute the promotional campaigns, events, and initiatives, such as creation of marketing materials, presentations and digital marketing initiatives, including social media campaigns, email marketing, and online advertising, in alignment with the Brand and Communication team.
- Ensure that all promotions comply with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards in different countries.
Budget & Agency Management:
- Manage the marketing communications budget for the cross-programmes effectively, ensuring optimal allocation of resources, focusing on channels that deliver the best ROI
- Lead and manage the selection process for the creative and media agency to work with entrepreneurship and define the ways of working;
- Manage agencies/freelancers subcontracted by the business creation team, review subcontractors performance.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with agencies and vendors, securing the best possible terms for promotional materials or services.
- Utilise data and analytics to measure the performance of promotions, making real-time adjustments as needed to optimise results and providing insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Provide regular reports and insights to management.
- Collect participant feedback and use it to enhance future promotional efforts and build credibility.
- Stay updated on industry trends and adjust your approach accordingly. Stay abreast of industry trends, competitor activities, and emerging marketing technologies to continually improve activities.
Coordination and Collaboration:
- Align and coordinate with Business Creation Director and team to define the objectives (quantity and quality of start-ups leads to generate and convert), and to ensure synergies and coordination between the different activities.
- Act as the marketing communications lead for Business Creation to ensure collaboration with internal teams, a.o. the Impact, Regional and Brand & Communication teams, to ensure alignment of activities and coordination of priorities, for example to ensure seamless execution of campaigns or events.
- Collaborate with external partners, vendors, and agencies as needed for promotional events or campaigns.
- Develop and implement internal communication to keep employees informed of the entrepreneurship programmes’ marketing/communication activities via the EIT Food internal communication platforms.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Degree in Marketing, Media, Communications or related field, or equivalent through proven experience
- Proven experience of service/programme marketing in the startup ecosystem is a must for this role.
- Experience in Project Management within a complex matrix organisation.
Skills & Behaviour:
- Strong sense of ownership with proven record of delivering results.
- Team player, proactive, can work independent and trustworthy.
- Strong stakeholder manager, able to coordinate needs of multiple teams and programmes in a clear and strategic way, in support of organisational objectives.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinker with a strategic mindset, while being pragmatic and entrepreneurial.
- Able to keep track of a high number of different tasks and topics at the same time and with high responsibility, respecting timelines.
- Enjoy working in a multinational team / matrix organisation
WHAT WE OFFER
Working at EIT Food means joining a team of like-minded individuals who are dedicated to creating a better future through food innovation. We cultivate a culture of collaboration, inventiveness, inclusivity, and constructive feedback. All employees are encouraged to contribute their ideas and expertise towards our mission of creating a more sustainable and inclusive food system.
Together, we're making a real impact on the food industry and we're looking for talented individuals like you to join us.
As a valued member of our team, we'll provide you with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Full time permanent position
LOCATION & TRAVEL FREQUENCY
EIT Food HQ, Leuven (Belgium) or an agreed regional office (Bilbao, Madrid, London, Freising, Warsaw). Hybrid working possible
Please note that all applicants must be legally authorized to reside and work in Europe. Please indicate your preferred location in your cover letter.
Occasional travel within Europe can be expected.
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to CV Warehouse before 8th of March 2024 at 23:59 CET. Please note that this position can be closed at any time if the right candidate is found. Applications and interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview and may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.