ABOUT EIT FOOD
The website of EIT Food is https://www.eitfood.eu
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast-growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has the characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain.
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers.
We believe that we are all responsible for, and connected to, the food that we eat so we all need to work together to improve it. We are building a unique network of diverse partners that provide a holistic view of the food value chain, including key industry players, agri-food start-ups, research centres and universities from across Europe, all working together to deliver an innovative and entrepreneurial food sector.
Let’s create the future of food together!
Full time and unlimited duration with three-month probationary period
EXPECTED START DATE
Ideally in April
(S)he will be based in the Co-Location Centre (CLC) North-East in Warsaw, Poland.
Occasional travel within Europe can be expected.
You will create, implement and support dedicated programmes and instruments of the EIT Food dedicated to representatives of public sector, students, researchers, entrepreneurial talents and other stakeholders from agrifood sector in the Nordic countries and countries targeted by EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT RIS), including Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Poland, the Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine.
Reporting to CLC Director and RIS Programme Manager in CLC North-East and collaborating with Education and Public Engagement Teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
Building and orchestrating a strong ecosystem in countries targeted by EIT Food RIS Strategy
- Implementation of the instruments specified in the EIT Food Business Plan including RIS portfolio including Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Poland, the Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine;
- Acquiring and maintaining relationships with stakeholders in Central Eastern European countries;
- Regular visits to countries covered by CLC North-East, including those targeted by the EIT RIS, cooperation with stakeholders, and maintaining contacts with them by email, phone, and via social media (including LinkedIn);
- Collaborate with the EIT Food Hubs and other EIT communities, in particular, to strengthen existing contacts with the start-up community and exchange experiences and good practices;
- Participating in the development of design applications for the EIT Food Business Plan;
- Participation in the EIT Food RIS Strategy update;
- Actively seeking additional financing opportunities for EIT Food activities to ensure long-term financial sustainability;
- Preparing reports on RIS activities for the EIT and EIT Food, in particular, the impact of EIT Food RIS activities on innovation systems in RIS countries;
- Engaging in dialogue with stakeholders from RIS countries, including decision makers at the political level, and contribution to the development and implementation of Smart Specialization Strategies;
- Engaging in social media interactions with stakeholders in RIS countries using the LinkedIn platform and other appropriate communication channels;
- Contribution to the creation and operation of the collegial body "RIS Policy Council" within EIT Food;
- report to RIS Programme Manager and CLC Director.
- Identifying opportunities for joint projects involving EIT Food HUBs and EIT Food partners that add value and deliver KPI’s;
- Monitoring and analysing the success of Alumni of EIT Food programmes, ensuring to meet the KPI’s and preparing reports within CLC NE, EIT Food management and EIT;
- Actively looking for revenue generation opportunities to support EIT Food's financial sustainability.
Exposure and Scope
- You will interact with primary producers, students, scientists, alumni of EIT Food activities and companies within the food system to promote entrepreneurship, open innovations and science-industry knowledge transfer;
- You will co-operate with EIT FOOD HUBs in Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia to share good practices and engage stakeholders from EIT RIS countries in activities of EIT Food;
- You will look for alignment and synergies between EIT Food RIS activities and Research Innovation Smart Specialisation Strategies in agri food sector;
- You will liaise with other functions in EIT Food headquarters (such as Finance, Operations, and Communication)
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Ideally, the candidate has:
- Master's degree related to social sciences, political sciences, technology, project and/or innovation management
- University or professional education related to agri-food sector is a clear plus
- Minimum 4 years of work experience, including 2 years of relevant working experience related to project management, public affairs, social impact generation
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong sense of ownership with proven record of delivering results
- Combining analytical thinking with creativity
- Solid business judgment, orientation for progress, practical application of technical solutions, broad, flexible and interdisciplinary thinking
- Experience in designing long-term strategies, including product development and service portfolio
- Very good command of Microsoft Office and social media channels for professional use
- Excellent English (writing and speaking), knowledge of other European languages is a clear plus
Other skills and qualities:
- Openness and proven ability to establish trust as well as the capacity for building alliances between industry, public sector, research, education and other stakeholders, including remote communication with international teams
- Taking initiative, independent and trustworthy
- Respectful of timelines and deadlines and attention for detail,
- Ability to work both independently and in small but multi-national teams
- Organised, proactive, service-oriented and capable of multi-tasking
WHAT WE OFFER
- A challenging and stimulating position within the leading European food innovation initiative
- To contribute to high-potential innovative agrifood business development in Central Eastern Europe and Nordics
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and excellence-oriented environment
- An attractive remuneration package
- A full-time permanent contract
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to CV Warehouse before April 19th, 2023.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.