Programme Manager Education Cluster - Cross Knowledge Innovation Communities
ABOUT EIT FOOD:
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast-growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has the characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain.
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers.
We believe that we are all responsible for, and connected to, the food that we eat so we all need to work together to improve it. We are building a unique network of diverse partners that provide a holistic view of the food value chain, including key industry players, agri-food start-ups, research centres and universities from across Europe, all working together to deliver an innovative and entrepreneurial food sector.
Let’s create the future of food together!
JOB AND CONTRACT TYPE:
Full-time permanent position based in either our HQ in Leuven with regular travel to our Co-Location Centre in Germany or based in Germany with regular travel to our HQ.
EXPECTED START DATE:
The expected starting date is as soon as possibly.
MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
You report into and work with EIT Food’s Director of Education and the Cross-KIC Education Lead to develop and administer a new initiative aimed at collaboration between different EIT Knowledge Innovation Communities (KICs) in the field of Education. You will be part of a team to support the development and implementation of specific actions to create synergies and open new markets for excellent innovation and entrepreneurship education. You will also work with Programme Managers in other EIT Knowledge Innovation Communities (KICs) to secure the administration of support actions across all KICs. Actions to be developed will include activities which strengthen (i) education and human capital development, (ii) alumni community building, (iii) dissemination, and (iv) market development.
The activities for 2022 and 2023 are focused on building processes, infrastructure, communications and branding, but also alignment to existing EU higher education programmes will be set up. Subsequent years will see a scaling of piloted activities. To support this, the Programme Manager will:
- Support the Director of Education and the Cross-KIC Education Cluster team by developing and implementing processes to support the effective administration of the Initiative
- Design, develop and implement a variety of activities in collaboration with colleagues, representatives from other KICs, EIT Food partners and external stakeholders
- Specifically, this includes contributing to the construction of an EU-wide KIC alumni community, creating a dissemination strategy for Education activities towards EU Commission Services, Member States and other relevant institutional stakeholders, and market development for key collaboration opportunities
- Ensuring compliance of functional area activities from an operational perspective, e.g. with EIT and EU rules
- Support the implementation of an integrated innovation ecosystem by collaborating internally with the functional areas Business Creation, Innovation and Consumer Engagement
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- You have relevant working experience in the area of education and innovation or technology transfer (3-6 years)
- You have a graduate degree in Natural, Technical, Social, or Economic Sciences
- You have demonstrated your ability to work collaboratively in multinational teams, contributing to the success of the team
- You have proven, excellent project management skills
- You have an excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have proven ability to work independently
- You have a very good knowledge of English (both spoken and written)
OPTIONAL COMPETENCES AND EXPERIENCES:
- Advanced IT skills to support infrastructure development for community building and dissemination tracking is highly desirable
- Familiarity with Horizon 2020 project administration is desirable
- An understanding of how institutional frameworks shape the scope for innovation and entrepreneurship within Higher Education Institutions will be beneficial
- Understanding and preferable also experience with system innovation and working with multiple stakeholders is desirable
- Experience with compliance monitoring and assessing performance metrics is desirable
EIT FOOD OFFER:
EIT Food offers a competitive salary package.
Flexibility and the balance between work and private life are equally important.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each potential candidate an equal chance in employment and promotion.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to CV Warehouse before July 15th 2022.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.