The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the agri-food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international agri-food sector.
EIT Food’s vision is to put Europe at the centre of a global revolution in food innovation and production, and its value in society. EIT Food will engage consumers in the change process, improve nutrition and make the food system more resource-efficient, secure, transparent and trusted.
More info on EIT Food and its activities – www.eitfood.eu
The candidate will be based at the HQ in Leuven (Belgium). Occasional travel to meetings and events within Europe can be expected. Candidates currently not living in Belgium should already have a work permit and be willing to relocate.
In this exciting and varied role, you will be supporting the EIT Food Communications team with website and community management and engaging our vibrant community of members from agrifood startups, corporates, universities and research centres from across Europe and beyond. You’ll be someone who is passionate about collaboration and how digital communications can engage stakeholders in the food system; you’ll have a strong interest and/or experience in online communications; and you’ll be a great all-round team player is able to manage multiple tasks in an organised and enthusiastic way.
You report to the Communications Manager, and work closely with the Junior Online Community Manager, as a member of the EIT Food communication team.
Online Community Support & Administration
• Web management: in collaboration with the coms team and agencies, you will be supporting the eitfood.eu website, including content management, web development and improvement, working with agencies in an agile manner and making sure that agreed development planning is achieved on time and in budget
• Community support: you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of our online EIT Food community, moderating the platform and solving member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage member expectations
• Data & insights: work with the comms team, across the community and with external data experts to ensure that we are collecting, organising, analysing and reporting on all available data & insights optimally from our main communication channels to our data dashboard
• Online Community expertise: you acquire thorough knowledge of our web and community platforms, both the user interface and the back end, supporting the training of colleagues & other stakeholders
• Brand management: safeguard that all materials for dissemination and outreach follow the EIT Food brand guidelines to grow a strong brand identity, answering branding queries by colleagues, partners and other stakeholders as required. Strategise together with the Brand team on how to optimise our brand adoption in the wider EIT Food community
• Internal collaboration: actively liaise with other EIT Food headquarter functions such as Innovation, Business Creation, Education, Finance, Operations, and our regional offices
• Team work: work closely with the other members of the communication team, supporting on ad hoc basis in other areas of communication when required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
To be a great candidate for this role you will need to have:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Digital Marketing, Communications or other relevant area
• Previous work experience in community and/or communication management
• Basic knowledge of data analytics and techniques to optimise online content e.g. Google analytics, SEO, , Google Tag manager
• Proven ability to establish trust and form strong collaborative relationships, including remote communication with international teams and diverse communities
• Strong task and project management skills, able to manage multiple priorities at once in service of colleagues and community members
• A supportive, enthusiastic and can-do attitude, able to take ownership and initiative to get things done as part of a close and collaborative team
• A passion for food, innovation and sustainability.
Bonus points if you have:
• Experience in using Content Management Systems (e.g Craft CMS) and/or Community Platforms (e.g. Hivebrite)
• Experience with Adobe Suite and video editing software
• Familiarity with API integration across web and community management systems
• Previous working experience in and knowledge of EU Institutions and UN SDGs
• A basic knowledge of data management and privacy (GDPR) legislation.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to CV Warehouse before May 28th 2022. Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.