Médecins du Monde is an international medical development NGO and part of an international network. We provide medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and in the rest of the world.
We aim for universal health coverage where every person has access to health care, without barriers (financial, cultural, geographical, etc.).
In Belgium and in the world, our projects are aimed at all people who do not have or no longer have access to health care. In particular, they are structured around five axes: people on the margins of society (homeless people, undocumented migrants, drug users, sex workers, etc.); children in vulnerable situations; women (accompanied in their fight for equality or against sexual violence, for example); migrants or displaced persons; and victims of crises or conflicts.
To carry out our mission, we rely on three pillars:
- Caring: providing real access to care for populations.
- Accompanying: more than helping, we want to change things in the long term.
- Witness: we do not remain silent. Thanks to our experience and our presence in the field, we challenge the authorities (local, regional and (inter)national) with facts, figures and realities.
Our projects follow a set of values common to all our organization: Social Justice, Empowerment, Independence, Commitment, Balance.
MdM started its activities in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH) in May 2019 and is currently implementing a program focusing on Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services provision in favour of migrants / refugees / asylum seekers in Una-Sana and Sarajevo Cantons.
In line with MdM mission statement and the objectives of MdM Strategy in BiH, you the one in charge of financial and administrative of the mission in order to ensure project implementation through efficient use of resources.
GOALS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the General coordinator, you are responsible of the financial, administrative (logistics & HR) management of MdM BE in Bosnia Herzegovina.
You are the one in charge of hieratical / technical of financial, administrative sector and hieratical supervision of Logistic team with technical support of Logistic Ref. in HQ, this is to ensure project implementation through efficient use of resources.
As a Technician and Manager
Coordinate the whole activities of finances, HR and logistics departments. In order to insure compliance with MdM’s internal procedures, donors procedures and the country’s legal framework.
Example of Tasks:
Human Resources Management
- Manage the files of the mission staff members (administrative formalities, recruitment process, contracts, constitution of individual files, induction of new employees, confidentiality of HR information ...)
- Develop and harmonize HR policies and tools (timesheet, evaluation process, employment contract templates, job profiles, HR database management, leave, etc.) and oversee their implementation by all field teams
- In collaboration with Headquarters, update HR reference documents (conditions of employment, internal regulations, medical care policy for national staff, break policy, admin manual, etc.).• Drawing up staff employment contracts, contract renewals and/or contractual amendments
- Conduct disciplinary procedures, investigations
- Supervise payroll and administrative procedures in accordance with national legislation
- Define and monitor the training plan for national staff, in collaboration with headquarters and international staff.
- Produce organizational charts ensuring their consistency with operational requirements
- Ensure that remuneration systems are fair and consistent with the cost of living for national staff, conduct regular benchmarking
- Organize and supervise the recruitment of personnel, and the entry and exit of personnel
- Communicate administrative data to Headquarters for the management of benefits for international staff
Administrative and Legal management
- Ensure a fiscal and legal watch, rights and duties of the mission vis-à-vis the country's institutions
- Take the necessary measures to ensure compliance with the legislation in force in all the actions of the program.
- Actively collaborate in the mission's registration procedures with the relevant authorities and the various government departments.
- Internal Communication:
- Support the General Coordinator in the implementation of an internal communication policy on the mission (e.g. posting of internal notes, reference documents, communication of life rules...)
- Ensure optimal insurance coverage in relation to people (e.g. civil liability, work accident...)
Social relations: (if applicable):
- Ensure the day-to-day management of social relations within the organization directly with the social partners (e.g. direct contacts with the social partners, staff delegation... )
- Ensure the supervision, control and accounting consolidation of the mission (control of accounting and analytical allocations, verification of accounting documents, control of cash inventories and bank reconciliations).
- Elaborate budgets and ensure the internal budget follow-up of the mission: produce & communicate to the different managers the monthly budget follow-ups with the realized expenses, update the estimated expenses with the coordination team and the project managers (including financial coverage).
- Elaborate budget proposals, donors' financial reports (interim and final reports)
- Ensure the proper preparation of internal and external audits in conjunction with headquarters
- Supervise the sending of monthly accounting closures to Headquarters including supporting documentation
- Control analytical allocations
- Ensures the monitoring and regularization of advance accounts
- Ensure sufficient cash flow for the mission; prepare monthly cash flow requests (FFRs) for sending to headquarters
- Organize the movement of funds between the headquarters-mission and between the field coordination in accordance with internal procedures (fund security manual).
- Maintain the fund security checklist.
- Lead the development of the Logistics strategy and ensure its timely implementation
- In coordination with Log. Ref to provide logistics guidance, advice and support to the mission and Logistics staff. Conduct regular field visits
- Ensure all MDM-BE Logistics policies, systems and guidelines are implemented used and adhered
- Take part to any assessment as per required
- Consolidate Logistics reporting (narrative, procurement, warehouse, fleet and assets) and prepare monthly logistics report.
- Define/adapt and implement the logistics tools required to achieve the general objectives, in close collaboration with the General Coordinator, other Management team and Logistics Advisor for International missions (MDM-BE HQ, Brussels).
- Assist the Management team on the schedule of all Logistics activities need, in order to reach project objectives.
- Support the General Coordinator in providing inputs on Logistics matters to proposals and budgets.
As a Team Management
Coordinate the work and tasks of all your team members, finances/HR and logistics. In order to guarantee an optimal working environment according to the means and priorities of the mission
Example of Tasks:
- Identify human resource needs, oversee recruitment, Create / revise job descriptions and facilitate the introduction of new team members
- Mentors team members ; develops annual action plans, sets individual goals, conducts evaluations, organizes back-ups for leaves of absence, absences, and disciplinary action.
- Ensures that the safety plan is understood by the team for which he/she is responsible and that safety rules are respected.
- Identify training needs (coaching, continuing education, etc.).
- ) of the team members.
- Train relevant staff members to the Fin, Log & HR tools and procedures in place
- Develop and run training courses in Finance, Administration, Logistics and/or HR and/or on specific subjects in order to increase the skills and knowledge of MdM team members.
- Guarantee the filing, archiving of documentation, and the security of data produced by your services.
- Organize and supervise department meetings
As a Coordination Team member represent the Organization in front of all external organisms; analyze, communicate and bring the needed improvements in order to enable optimal HR processes. Log, Admin/HR, Financial on the mission
Example of Tasks:
- Act as a point of contact with the technical referent(s) at the head office.
- Contribute to the organization of back-up (absences, vacations)
- Participate with the country coordination team in the reflection on the evolution of the mission, and the programming of new projects and/or reorientation (project cycle, Annual Action Plans, Country Intervention Strategy).
- Write regular reports on its activities
- Participate in the drafting of the technical parts of funding applications and donor reports by profession.
- Carry out ad-hoc internal controls when travelling on projects
- Participate in inter-admin meetings with other NGOs
- Conduct job-specific briefings and debriefings for all new staff members and visitors
These responsibilities will be implemented in a specific and transversal way based on the annual individual action plan, established in collaboration between the person in charge and the holder of the position in question.
The activities may evolve according to the context.
- Master's degree in: Economics, Business Administration, Finance
- Bioforce Training or equivalent in Finance and HR Management is an asset
- IT: mastering the Office package and SAGA
- English: B2/C1 level required in written and oral
- Local language is an asset
- Effective and efficient communication skills
- Knowledge of donor’s guidelines such as ECHO, UNICEF, DGD, etc.
- Management skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- An enthralling job in a dynamic environment, within a team of professionals.
- For International : Labor Services Contract
- Job location: in Bihac (accommodation and insurances policy)
- A full-time contract.
- Duration : 3 or 6 month with possibility of extension
- Starting date: ASAP
If expat : the gross salary will be based on the national grid implemented in the country
Please send your application (CV and motivation letter) using the appropriate form before 10/07/2022.
MdM thanks you for your interest in our organisation and wishes you every success in your path.
MdM-BE reserves the right to finalize a recruitment before the closing date for receipt of applications. We respond to all candidates.
MdM-Be does not ask for any financial contribution as part of the recruitment procedure.
Médecins du Monde is committed to people with disabilities and fights against all forms of discrimination.
We inform you that the data concerning you are computerized; they will be treated confidentially.
In the context of this application, your data is kept for a period of 6 months.
Only persons authorized by our General Confidentiality Charter will be able to access your data for strictly internal purposes