With LAO manufacturing facilities in US, Canada and Belgium, INEOS Oligomers is one of the large merchant suppliers of Linear Alpha Olefins (LAO). LAO is used in a variety of industries, with main markets being comonomers for polyethylene, feedstock for production of lubricants, surfactants, lubricant additives, and paper sizing chemicals, and base stock for drilling fluids.
Feluy is the largest site of the Oligomers Business producing up to 420 KTes/Yr of petrochemical products with annual sales amounting to 500 M€ per year.
The Feluy site comprises of “world scale” LAO and PAO production units which are INEOS Oligomers plants and an Afton Chemicals plant which takes services from Ineos Oligomers.
In support of the operation of Feluy Plant, INEOS Oligomers is hiring a Rotating Equipment Engineer. This role will report to the site Reliability Engineer.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer maintains and improves the safe operation, reliability, and availability of rotating equipment systems throughout the site by the use of predictive and preventive maintenance programs, troubleshooting equipment problems, and ensuring equipment is properly overhauled and repaired.
The main goals of the Rotating Equipment Engineer are to safely maximize unit availability and minimize fixed costs associated with repairs to rotating equipment. This is accomplished by a combination of problem prevention and problem resolution techniques:
Problem preventions techniques would include development and implementation of rotating equipment reliability plans such as proper startup and shutdown procedures, development of operating envelopes, defining condition monitoring tasks and resolving equipment vibration condition monitoring signatures and oil analysis results with corrective recommendations.
Problem resolution techniques would include identification and resolution of repeat failures (either RCFAs or field troubleshooting), development of repair scopes, equipment upgrade scopes and quality assurance verifications of equipment repairs and installations.
The Rotating Equipment Engineer would work closely with the Reliability, Maintenance, Operations and Capital Groups related to rotating equipment including development and review of bid packages, review of vendor design information including rotor dynamics, bearing stiffness, etc.,. approval of repair scopes and methods as well as installation guidelines and witness points.
As a technical resource, the Rotating Equipment Engineer would be expected to be able to champion the implementation of any recommended upgrades and/or equipment improvements.
Major responsibilities for the Rotating Equipment Engineer include but are not limited to the following:
Accountability 1: SHE Stewardship
- The position is accountable for understanding and putting into practice the INEOS 20 Principles. Additionally, this position has a special responsibility to cascade the understanding of these principles throughout their work group.
- Leads by example and ensures work group is in compliance with Feluy SHE policies and procedures.
Accountability 2: Engineering Duties
- Develop and implement reliability programs for each of the production plants, including but not limited to site condition monitoring policy for rotating equipment.
- Participate as required in area Reliability Teams’ meetings to endure Top 10 Reliability lists identification and management; complete as necessary assigned unit reliability top ten list items. Requires strong rotating equipment troubleshooting skills across various types of industrial equipment including pumps/reciprocating compressors, fans/blowers, etc., and their components including various types of bearing, couplings mechanical seals, etc.,.
- Develop, agree and manage the condition monitoring systems, interpret information and produce action plans to ensure the correct identification and improvement of poor perming equipment.
- Define preventative/predictive maintenance regimes, ensure equipment criticalities are defined and accurate, conduct Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Lead and support Root Cause Analysis on equipment failure
- Provides expert advice on rotating equipment to upskill Engineers and maintenance technicians.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and establish recommendations to operations and maintenance.
- Engage with site engineers to conduct PM reviews and CM task selection as appropriate.
- Work with Procurement and liaise with suppliers/external contractors and seeks technical guidance from OEMs. (e.g. external oil analysis providers).
- Define improvement projects to meet agreed reliability goals . In particular :
- Assist the development of maintenance project cost estimates involving rotating equipment for annual and monthly budget processes.
- Support Capital projects by providing input into initial scope reviews, project package and assisting with field execution. This includes working knowledge of applicable industry standards and codes relating to rotating equipment including API, etc.,.
- Develop work scopes and bid packages for unusual maintenance projects by working with Procurement to obtain quotes/bids and contractor selection; work closely with Job Reps on field execution.
- Preparation of plans and schedules for TAR events; Coordinate efforts with site scheduling team to build Maintenance schedule with all operations, maintenance and project tasks.
- Ensure all capital spares for rotating equipment are repaired/replaced and put back in stores
- Update, correct and maintain equipment files. Ensure new equipment file has information needed for maintenance and makes recommendations on stores stock parts
Level of education & experience in general
- Mechanical Engineering degree is required.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience at a manufacturing site with experience as a rotating equipment engineer in a refining or chemical manufacturing facility. Should be experienced with pumps, reciprocating compressors, screw compressors, fans, gearboxes and associated items such as seals, couplings, bearings, etc.
- Knowledge of reliability techniques and the ability to apply appropriately.
- Demonstrated success in delivering reliability engineering programs.
- Problem solving skills.
- High level of Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Project Management skills.
- Ability to speak and communicate fluently in French is mandatory; English knowledge required.