Careers at the von Karman Institute: Construct the future together !
Today, we are looking for a Project Engineer to strengthen the VKI Hydrogen Research.
We are historically active in the space sector for propellant management for transportation propulsion systems. Since a couple of years, we are valorizing and expanding our expertise in hydrogen fluid dynamics in many other sectors (aviation, maritime, energy storage, distribution…) to support the urgent needs and challenges raised by the ongoing green energy transition.
Our team consists of young and senior enthusiastic engineers and academic profiles. We work together to support the industry with applied fluid dynamic research in hydrogen fueling systems and supply chain, including production.
At the beginning, you will work closely with experienced Research Engineers and Project Managers to support specific technical and scientific tasks. You will be responsible for carrying out work both in laboratory (experiments, facilities design…) and in office (scientific and engineering studies).
In time, your career will evolve towards full leadership of entire project activities, remaining active technically and scientifically. You will be valued and supported to grow along the management path, coordinating people and the workflow. You will represent VKI in front line with external partners, clients and stakeholders, networking, contributing to bring further activities applying to tenders and funding schemes.
You will report to the Senior Project Manager of the REG.
- Master of Engineering Sciences with very good knowledge in Fluid Dynamics.
- Experimental skills. Relevant experience with laboratory work is a plus.
- Good technical knowledge (mechanical design, electronics,…) allowing to interface with the different in-house technical services (drawing office, workshop, instrumentation and electronic lab…).
- Good organization skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Good team spirit and capability to work autonomously.
- A good command of the English language, both spoken and written. Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a plus, but not strictly required.
- A permanent full-time contract
- A stimulating and challenging job within an passion-driven and united team
- A career growth opportunity at VKI
- A unique work environment : international, young, dynamic, human
- An attractive salary package, including pension-, hospitalization- and dental insurances, as well as other fringe benefits
As the von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone who meets the eligibility criteria below is encouraged to apply for this position.
- meet the requirements for the duties concerned.
- be a citizen of one of the VKI partner countries (see link): https://www.vki.ac.be/index.php/home-v16/eligibility
Von Karman Site Location: Close to Brussels @ Sint-Genesius-Rode (Flemish-Brabant)
Informal enquiries: Laura Peveroni (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jean-Baptiste Gouriet (email@example.com)
Important: Please apply online, do NOT send your application by email.
About the organisation
For 65 years as an international centre of excellence in fluid dynamics, the von Karman Institute (VKI) brings together young engineers and scientists from all over the world to study, improve their skills and perform their research.
“A scientist studies what is, whereas an engineer creates what never was “ Théodore von Kármán
Besides its mission of education, the von Karman Institute gathers the top-level scientists and engineers to work on very challenging projects as the next generation of engines, new propulsion concepts, the new green energy, the safety of industry, solutions for a cleaner space, the Mission to Mars and many other fields of research which can make the difference for the humankind. Those scientists have access to more than 50 wind tunnels and test rigs, some of them unique in the world to help them in their projects.
VKI is a team of people looking in the same direction, for a better future, not only scientists and engineers but also students, PhD candidates, PostDocs, IT, Human Resources, accountants, librarians, designers, and technicians and more....