Restart Capital was incorporated in January 2022 and is part of Arrow Global Group, a pan-European alternative asset manager focusing on credit and real estate, with over €5.3bn of funds under management. Arrow Global was incorporated in 2005 and has recently been acquired by TDR Capital, a Europen private equity firm.
Restart Capital is an investment platform focused on corporate turnarounds and debt restructuring. The investment strategy aims to provide short-term relief to financially distressed companies, explore operational optimization opportunities and capitalize on synergies with the remaining companies/investments of the Group. Restart Capital offers a wide range of advisory and management services, such as the identification of business opportunities, valuation & underwriting, transaction structuring, support in the negotiation process, asset management and the divestment process.
Further information available at www.restartcapital.pt/ and https://www.arrowglobal.net/
Our success is built by the junction of our high-performance, talented, innovative team with our corporate culture of excellence, meritocracy and cooperation in order to fulfil our mission: “Create Better Financial Futures”. We recognise the importance of having both the best individuals and providing them with the means and the motivation to excel and to jointly build a team stronger than the sum of its parts.
Due to the company’s continued growth and forthcoming capital deployment stream, Restart Capital is looking to hire a top-tier experienced professional to join their Investment team.
The Investment team leads the sourcing of new investors, investment opportunities, and the strategic planning, analysis and transaction coordination of all new investments, offering Private Equity Associates broad exposure to all steps of the processes that lead to the underwriting of multi-million euros investments or divestments of companies and credits.
The successful candidates will be deeply involved in the analysis, structuring and financing of transactions, performing the supporting research and modelling efforts and regularly attending both internal and external meetings, site visits, negotiations, and due diligence sessions. We expect all associates to have strong drive, to be attentive to detail and goal oriented, and to be good team players.
As a Private Equity Associate your responsibilities may include:
- Source, analyse and pitch investment opportunities and ideas
- Strategic design of business plans and supporting financial modelling for underwriting processes
- Direct support to managers in deal execution and financial structuring
- Coordinate and mentor analysts engaged in the same projects
- Provide support to investor relations engaging directly with investors, financing parties or deal advisors
- Create and present a wide array of deal memorandums and pitches
- Perform Market research and analysis
- Undertake KPI analysis and reporting of existing investments for strategic redefinition
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Private Equity, M&A, Consultancy or Corporate Finance positions in market reputable firms will be highly favoured, with strong preference for transaction-related roles
- The following are highly valued and will be assessed:
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Financial modelling skills
- Understanding finance and valuation fundamentals
- Undergraduate and/or Master’s degree in Finance, Management or Economics
- Fluency in English (C1 or above) and Portuguese – English certificate is a plus
- Solid analytical skills and critical thinking
- A high degree of perfectionism and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and speaking
- Collaborative and open attitude, contributing to a positive culture
- Team management skills will be a plus
- Will to constantly learn and evolve
- A strong drive to deliver and a natural mindset to add value and make an impact
- Perseverance and willingness to work on a demanding and dynamic work environment