Job title: PM Planner
Department: Asset Group LVT1/Asset Group LVT2
Reports to: Breakdown/Preventive maintenance manager
Shift: Day shift
General Job description:
Coordinates activities of workers engaged in the mechanical/electrical maintenance and repair of systems and equipment in a designated specialty. Organizes work standards for maintenance tasks, identify priority tasks and procure needed materials for maintenance work. Promotes effective and efficient utilization of manpower, time, tools, materials and equipment within the assigned asset group. Coordinates with other support departments to ensure adequate resources are available to perform scheduled work. Ensures a safe working environment. Assures compliance of all applicable building and fire codes. Receives general direction from assigned management staff.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Establishes schedules and methods for proactive maintenance program operations and activities; receives requests for maintenance and repair work; evaluates work requests on the basis of activity involved; inspects job sites as necessary to determine scope of the job; determines manpower required for specific maintenance and repair work, identifies the materials, tools and equipment to performs maintenance and repair work; determine the most efficient and logical schedule of work in maintaining and repairing equipment; applies work measurement and scheduling techniques in coordinating and developing schedules for work assignments.
- Establishes priorities, monitors the quality and quantity of work performed within the designated specialty department by compiling and evaluating maintenance operations data. This includes ensuring quality requirements and procedures for the department and facility are communicated, understood, and practiced. Facilitates daily meetings with subordinates to discuss maintenance schedules.
- Performs periodic tests on critical equipment utilizing various diagnostic tools; enters data into computer and generates reports and summaries; analyzes equipment performance data to determine whether patterns indicate that equipment performance is in danger of surpassing specified engineering limits; makes recommendations regarding procedures to use to correct predicted equipment problems; performs predictive diagnostic tests on non-critical equipment and subsequently places such equipment on the predictive testing/repair schedule. Performs standard inspections and communicates with manufacturing personnel to identify issues of concern, potential unsafe conditions, and opportunities for preventive maintenance.
- Anticipates parts requirements and maintains a sufficient inventory in order to meet operational demands while consistently monitoring the department budget. Initiates the procurement of tools, materials and equipment for preventive and corrective projects.
- Researches, compiles and prepare reports and documentation on various assigned maintenance repair projects; analyzes overall repair program components and develops, recommends, and implements modifications; maintains records of findings and corrective actions; prepares periodic status reports as required.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to proactively address issues that may potentially impact the quality of the production process or product. Leads or works on special projects to promote peak efficiency of all facility equipment. Oversees contractors on maintenance related jobs to assure all contract maintenance services are performed according to quality and safety standards, building codes, and all contractual agreements.
- Performs other duties as required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or technical certification in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, and OR
- A minimum of 5 years performing job specific, skilled, senior level maintenance technician duties as reflected in the description above.
- In-depth knowledge and skills are required to perform troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and other basic mechanical/electrical and operating repairs and proficiency using all applicable tools and equipment.
- Possess a technical aptitude to read and understand technical documents and instructions such as, blue prints, electrical schematics, mechanical and machine drawings for installations, troubleshooting, and repair.
- Knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in the maintenance and repair in a designated specialty area.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusion.
- Proficient using a PC and other department specific databases and/or systems and all assigned machinery and related equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions and percentages.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with management, internal, and external customers.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and exercise good judgment to resolve problems in the absence of formalized guidelines and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal building codes, applicable OSHA and company safety regulations and guidelines.
I-Care Reliabiity is seeking a Maintenance Planner for a contract Maintenance Planner to support a client in Dalton, GA.
Planning experience with SAP is required for this opportunity.
Nonessential Skills and Experience:
Work environment is a high-traffic production floor, which may include hazardous conditions caused by noise, exposure to heat, risk of shock, and airborne particles. Must be able to walk long distances, climb on machinery, and stand for long periods of time. Bending, crouching, and stooping may be required. Must be able to work in non-climate controlled facilities. May be required to work a flexible schedule to include evening and night shifts, weekends, and holidays as well as being on call for maintenance related emergencies.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel object, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk; or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment could be high. May be required to work in high elevations.