Driven by quality and passionate people, Duvel Moortgat is an independent family of world renowned, multiple award winning breweries, occupying a leading position in the speciality beer market. Our brands include Duvel, Chouffe, Vedett and JARR kombucha, among many others. The history of our family brewery spans 4 generations since 1871 - with deep roots in Belgium, but with an equally strong international focus. We pride ourselves on our quality, craftsmanship and pioneering spirit.
Here at Duvel Moortgat UK, we are recruiting a regional sales manager for Northern England and Scotland, to bring delicious Belgian beer to your local pubs, restaurants, hotels and cafes. This is a great opportunity to join our team of passionate beer advocates, grow your knowledge and experience of sales and beer, and work with some really cool people within the beer industry! You will reap the benefits of working for a well-established, fun and exciting brewery with big plans for the UK market.
Our tasting profile:
- The regional sales manager will be responsible for representing and promoting our world famous Belgian beers, such as Duvel, Chouffe, Vedett and Liefmans. This role is based in the on-trade, which encompasses pubs, restaurants, hotels, events and cafes in the North of England and Scotland.
- Your daily job will be actively prospecting to get Duvel Moortgat beers listed in on-trade venues.
- You will also build and manage relationships with existing accounts and regional wholesalers. We have existing relationships with some fantastic venues on the territory, which will help you get started on finding and nurturing your own new accounts.
- You will be trained to conduct regular tastings, trainings and beer pairing events, which will involve some evening and weekend work.
- Daily reporting to the national on-trade manager.
- Recording actions and distribution in CRM.
- You will be travelling all over your territory. For this you will be supplied with a company car with mileage included.
- A love of beer and the on-trade industry is essential! You love pubs, good beer and fun!
- A driven, passionate attitude. You will be motivated to promote quality speciality beers in your local market. You will thrive on working to targets and have an entrepreneurial, independent spirit. We set a very achievable target for yearly bonus, which you will have clear guidance to hit.
- Selling beer is all about relationships. You are a good communicator and a people person, who is at home building relationships and spreading your enthusiasm for good beer.
- You live in the North of England/South of Scotland
- Flexibility – the on-trade role involves tastings, trainings, beer festivals and even trips to Belgium, which involves evenings, weekends and overnight stays.
- A degree is a plus, but not essential. The most important things are passion and drive.
- Your key cities will cover Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Glasgow, Edinburgh and more in between. You will enjoy travelling and exploring your territory.
- You can work autonomously and are a self-starter. You’re a good planner, who can look after lots of accounts simultaneously.
- Proficient with a computer and a phone/tablet.
- You are creative, have an eye for fun and marketable opportunities.
- You hold a full UK driving license.
- Circa £25,000 salary per annum.
- 15% bonus based on achievable targets.
- Company car and fuel paid for.
- Travel perks within the UK, and occasionally to Belgium!
- Beer training – tasting, history, judging and food pairing.
- Free beer to enjoy at home, and fun nights out with the team all over the UK.
- Cycle to work scheme.