The King Baudouin Foundation is a public benefit foundation based in Brussels that has been acting for more than 45 years for the common good together with numerous partners, experts and donors. Our activities aim to foster sustainable and positive change in society, in Belgium, Europe and around the world.
Thanks to the support we give, we empower organizations and citizens working to create a better society. We encourage philanthropy and support individuals and businesses who want to commit to a better world. The Foundation’s current areas of activity are social justice & poverty, health, heritage and culture, social commitment, International, Education and development of talents, Europe, climate, the environment, and biodiversity.
The King Baudouin Foundation has at its disposal its own capital. Its independent governing bodies represent the pluralism of society.
The Foundation is looking for an
Independent Project Manager
The King Baudouin Foundation (KBF) is looking for an experienced grant manager to adapt and execute one of its key programs in the UK context.
This program, that arises from one of the personal philanthropic initiatives/funds hosted and implemented by the KBF, intends to provide financial supports (> 100K£/year each) to associations and organisations that help the most vulnerable populations throughout the whole country.
This position will be based in the UK and will be held by a senior independent consultant/expert who will work remotely in coordination with the head of the Paris-based French office of the KBF, in charge of the management of the program in France and the Brussels office of the KBF.
Detection, selection and follow up of grantees
• Sourcing and assessing relevant grantees in the UK in the field of vulnerability/poverty/social exclusion that carry on activities that are perfectly aligned with the grant making program and the KBF’s overall missions and goals
• Reviewing and preparing grant applications for approval i.e. conduct appropriate due diligence to ensure compliance with the philanthropic fund
• Managing and following up on grant agreements
• Managing the partnership (reviewing grantee reporting, contacts with the grantee)
• Coordinating with the head of the KBF French office in Paris as well as to the board of the philanthropic fund and the KBF Brussels office.
Who and what do we seek
• At least 5 years of program/project management experience, consulting or equivalent within not for profit/philanthropic organizations
• Deep knowledge and expertise in the field of social exclusion/vulnerability/poverty in UK
• Extended networks (charities, foundations, policy makers etc)
• Wide-ranging understanding of philanthropy, i.e., major grants and relationship management with the not for profit sector
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills that is represented in your verbal and written communication
• Ability to work independently and strong prioritization and time management skills
• Fluent French would be a plus
• The opportunity to participate in the development of a social project with lasting effects.
• A tailor-made and flexible collaboration.
• Your mission will be integrated in the functioning of the KBF.
• Mission from January 2023
A service contract will cover your missions as a freelancer. A long-term commitment is desired.
The King Baudouin Foundation wants to reflect the image of the society in which it is involved as much as possible. Candidates are therefore selected on the basis of their qualities and skills, without making any distinction based on gender, origin or disability. If you have a disability, please inform us in advance. We will make sure that you can participate in the selection procedures in the best possible conditions.
Please submit the following materials
• Cover letter
by 30th November via CV Warehouse
For more information, contact: +33 (0)6 58 84 35 55 / firstname.lastname@example.org (Joseph Le Marchand) or surf to kbs-frb.be