ENTSO-E is the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity. We coordinate the cross-border system operations, system development and electricity market activities of the 39 electricity transmission system operators (TSOs) which cover 35 countries. The ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels provides support on technical, market and policy developments for all European TSOs in their cooperation with each other, in their joint fulfilment of their legal mandates, and in the intensive interactions with EU decision-makers, regulatory agencies, associations representing network users and other stakeholders.
If you are interested in having an active role in the energy transition, you should consider joining ENTSO-E. We are a dynamic European association working on important and exciting projects of the electricity sector with the commitment to support the efforts towards a carbon-neutral power system. At ENTSO-E, you will contribute to building the world’s largest integrated electricity market – impacting not only those in the energy sector but also Europe’s overall economy, today and in the future!
We are looking for a highly professional and skilled Flexibility Manager passionate about the European electricity market and the energy transition. Do you have integrity and skill to engender trust with excellent interpersonal skills? Are you ready to interact at the highest level within an international and future thinking organisation? If yes, ENTSO-E is the right place for you.
You will work in the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels in the Operations section, reporting directly to the Head of Operations. The Operations section is comprised of 22 internal staff.
You will manage a team of 6 specialists and be responsible, with your team members, for supporting multiple working groups and projects related to the implementation and evolution of European regulation of the electricity grid. You will work with all sections in the Secretariat to create transversal value on your projects and ensure efficient reporting to the relevant decision-making bodies.
You will build and maintain a good relationship with stakeholders for the topics under your responsibility, in particular the European Commission, ACER and the EU DSO Entity.
You will have the opportunity to work in a hybrid model, allowing for a blend of remote and in-office work to support a good work-life balance.
Regular travels (e.g. 1-2 days per month) may be required.
You will contribute to the Association work mainly in the areas of TSO-DSO cooperation, operational as well as connection network codes, and (demand-side) flexibility. Responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the evolution of priorities and projects.
The current tasks involve:
- Manage a team of 6 advisors, stimulate their development and support them in achieving their objectives, in line with ENTSO-E’s values;
- Ensure delivery of the work programmes of several groups, including effective support to the convenors and project managers and quality review of the deliverables;
- Deliver strategic guidance on your activities to the different bodies of the Association to facilitate decision-making, in compliance with ENTSO-E governance and with a view to build consensus;
- Develop a cross-cutting approach to European regulation under your responsibilities. For instance, ensure that the development of amendments is done in a consistent and complementary manner;
- Coordinate the drafting of the Network Code Demand Response, including support to the TSO-DSO Development Team, engagement with stakeholders and alignment of positions with the TSO community;
- Strengthen the cooperation with the EU DSO Entity and distribution system operators in line with the Memorandum of Understanding between the two Associations;
- Ensure a constructive and trustful dialogue with ACER, European Commission and other parties bilaterally and through various fora such as the European Stakeholders Committees and the Network Code Demand Response Drafting Committee.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and abilities:
- University degree in engineering, business administration, policy or another relevant field, with a good understanding of the electricity system and market;
- At least 8 years’ professional experience in the power sector, preferably at or in relation with a Transmission System Operator;
- A first successful experience as a team leader would be an asset;
- Excellent analytical, communication and negotiation skills including facilitating consensus and building relationships with various stakeholders;
- Strong project management skills and experience with matrix management environment;
- Ability to work independently and in team setting with competing deadlines;
- Proactive and results-oriented attitude;
- Motivation to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment;
- Positive mindset aligned with the values of ENTSO-E.
Our people are truly at the heart of our association. You will be part of a multinational and multi-cultural environment, with colleagues from over 30 different nationalities. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce which allow us to create an environment where we learn from each other and develop together. We strongly believe in continuous learning and offer a broad range of training and development opportunities to our employees. We are a hybrid workplace and offer a maximum of flexibility enabling to have a good balance between remote working (from Belgium) and engaging physically with colleagues.
We offer market competitive compensation and an extensive benefit package, with excellent insurance coverage for you and dependent family members (such as hospitalization, supplemental medical plan). You will benefit from group insurance and travel insurance. You will have the opportunity to participate in a Flexible Benefits Plan to choose for those benefits that create the best value for you.
Additionally, we offer employees from our TSO Members the chance to apply for secondment opportunities, further enriching your experience and expanding your horizons.
Please submit your complete application no later than 14 December, consisting of a curriculum vitae and a motivational letter on ENTSO-E career website. Replies will be handled in strictest confidence.
ENTSO-E is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or political beliefs.