ENTSO-E is the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity. We coordinate the cross-border system operations, system development and electricity market activities of the 39 electricity transmission system operators (TSOs) which cover 35 countries. The ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels provides support on technical, market and policy developments for all European TSOs in their cooperation with each other, in their joint fulfilment of their legal mandates, and in the intensive interactions with EU decision-makers, regulatory agencies, associations representing network users and other stakeholders.
If you are interested in having an active role in the energy transition, you should consider joining ENTSO-E. We are a dynamic European association working on important and exciting projects of the electricity sector with the commitment to support the efforts towards a carbon-neutral power system. At ENTSO-E, you will contribute to building the world’s largest integrated electricity market – impacting not only those in the energy sector but also Europe’s overall economy, today and in the future!
We are looking for a highly professional and skilled Facility Manager. Do you have integrity and skill to engender trust with excellent interpersonal skills? Are you ready to interact at the highest level within an international and future thinking organisation? If yes, ENTSO-E is the right place for you.
You will work in the ENTSO-E Secretariat in Brussels in the Corporate Services section and be reporting directly to the Head of Section of Corporate Services.
You will have the overall responsibility to manage the facilities and maintenance activities to ensure that all working facility on-site is operating safely, efficiently and maintained according to quality standards for both our staff and our members to perform their daily duties.
You will be responsible for driving continuous improvement as well as implementing the Health and Safety requirements developed in cooperation with the Prevention Advisor and the Secretary-General. You will also be responsible for managing the company car fleet.
You will be leading a small team consisting of 2 permanent employees and additional outsourced part time workforce.
Due to the high responsibility of the role, this position requires full-time on-site presence and does not offer a hybrid work option.
You will contribute to the Association work in operational excellence in facility management, workplace safety, and fleet oversight. Responsibilities may be subject to change depending on the evolution of priorities and projects. The following responsibilities are:
- Manage the facilities according to the highest standards in terms of safety and quality and ensure excellent working conditions.
- Coordinate all facility activities with People, Talent & Culture section.
- Plan and supervise maintenance, cleaning and repair of facilities. Monitor and coordinate fit-out/renovation projects.
- Conduct and document regular facility inspections.
- Manage the Facility annual budget and identify and implement cost efficiency opportunities.
- Follow the ENTSO-E procurement policy, manage contracts with services providers.
- Liaise with Building management company for common parts and ensuring swift resolution of any issues.
Health and Safety
- Ensure all safety at work procedures are in place and safety equipment and certifications maintained as per legal obligation.
- Implement health and safety requirements in the facility as decided in Quality Health Security and Environment (QHSE) meetings following recommendations from the Prevention Advisor.
- Report all QHSE incidents and monitor remediations.
- Maintain the annual safety plan and 5-year global plan accordingly.
Office and Reception Management
- Ensure the onboarding of new new-hires and welcoming of guests is done correctly.
- Manage office access, desk registration system and parking.
- Manage meeting room preparation and setup, as well as catering.
- Organise and supervise the stationary areas and mail room activities (inbound and outbound).
- Support the application of New Way of Working guidelines.
- Supervise the ENTSO-E Car and Bike Policies, including enhancements and budget management.
- Manage commercial relationships with lease companies and maintain pool cars.
We are looking for someone with the following skills and abilities:
- University Master’s degree or at least 5 years’ relevant experience.
- Proven leadership capabilities and experience in people management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Belgian facility and workplace safety legislation.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with a detail-oriented analytical approach.
- Excellent communication skills required (fluent in English & Dutch or French);
- Proactive, hands-on problem-solving ability, with a results-driven mindset.
- Motivation to work within a multinational and multicultural professional environment
- Positive mindset, constructive attitude aligned with the values of ENTSO-E
- Prevention advisor certification is a plus.
Our people are truly at the heart of our association. You will be part of a multinational and multi-cultural environment, with colleagues from over 30 different nationalities. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce which allows us to create an environment where we learn from each other and develop together. We strongly believe in continuous learning and offer a broad range of training and development opportunities to our employees. We are a hybrid workplace and offer a maximum of flexibility enabling to have a good balance between remote working (from Belgium) and engaging physically with colleagues.
We offer market competitive compensation and an extensive benefit package, with excellent insurance coverage for you and direct family members (such as hospitalization, supplemental medical plan). You will benefit from group insurance and travel insurance. You will have the opportunity to participate in a Flexible Benefits Plan to choose for those benefits that create the best value for you.
Please submit your application 15 December consisting of a curriculum vitae and a motivational letter on the ENTSO-E career site. Replies will be handled in strictest confidence.
ENTSO-E is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion or political beliefs.