Hi Fly is a leading widebody aircraft wet lease specialist operating worldwide, with an Airbus fleet of A330 and A340.
The wet lease business market is very demanding, and airlines are increasingly opting for wet lease solutions as they are found to be reliable, safe, and efficient. For that reason, Hi Fly fleet is steadily growing with new widebody additions in the coming months.
Considering the forecasted growth, we are currently looking for highly motivated Operations Controllers to join our Integrated Operations Control Centre (iOCC) in Lisbon-Portugal.
The Integrated Operations Control Center (iOCC) is at the heart of our airline daily activity. The iOCC coordinates day-to-day and minute-to-minute flight and ground operations. It provides centralized, real-time operational control and management of overall aircraft movement control, dispatch, maintenance control and crew tracking.
Operations Controllers are in the driving seat for efficient and smooth operations and execution of the planned schedules. They track - in real time - all company activity from departure to arrival, manage irregularities and engage when complex and uncertain operational disruptive situations occur. The role must be viewed as very dynamic and demanding as it is critical to develop suitable solutions for any irregularity that arises, ensuring that when disruptions occur, corrective actions are taken to return the flight schedule to normal. Operations Control is not only reactive but also preventive and proactive in the way it works.
The reporting line is to the Head of OCC.
What will be your main responsibilities:
- Monitoring and coordinating daily activity.
- Flight following and in-flight assistance to flight crews.
- Take informed decisions when unplanned operations occur, in a Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) environment, after consulting all relevant operational areas.
- Close coordination with the Maintenance Department concerning unscheduled maintenance events and MEL restrictions that may affect aircraft operations.
- Outside normal working hours, manage handling, overflight permits and services coordination related to flights.
- Communicate with customers and assist the Commercial Department on any new ACMI or Charter requests, outside normal working hours.
- Evaluate and initiate activation of the Company ERP.
Some of our requirements:
- Working experience in a similar role with other airlines (preferably).
- Ideally have a background in the aviation industry, such as operations, flight dispatch, handling.
- Capacity to work well in a fast-paced and demanding environment and be flexible to the changing needs of the business.
- Successful candidates will maintain a high level of professionalism while multi-tasking various real time issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent analytical and creative thinking.
- Have a high level of professionalism and the ability to interact with all levels of leadership.
- Must be detail oriented and able to work productively, independently or within a team.
- Multicultural awareness, excellent interpersonal skills, and a clear communication style.
- Fast learner and highly motivated.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Fluent in spoken and written English is mandatory.
- Good proficiency in using Microsoft Office suite and be able to learn new systems quickly.
This is an office-based role in Lisbon-Portugal, working shift patterns, 24/7/365. Due to the nature of the wet lease operations (ACMI and Charter), this is not an ordinary office job, and you can expect very demanding, challenging, and exciting days upon joining our Organization.
Closing date: OPEN
Other Career Opportunities:
Do you want to know about other job vacancies we have at Hi Fly? If so, we invite you to visit our Careers page at www.hifly.aero.