Who we are
The growing demand for healthy, safe, and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
We at Biotalys have the ambition of transforming food protection, shaping the future of a sustainable and safe food supply. We are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company, developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on our ground-breaking technology platform, we have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Our products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
Our headquarters are located in the vibrant biotech cluster in Ghent, Belgium. More information can be found on www.biotalys.com.
To strengthen our valuable team of dedicated employees, Biotalys is looking for a Research Associate Protein Production & Early Developability
Scope of your job
The role requires intense involvement into the lab process, which means that you get to assist the researcher in the entire value chain of the discovery process. Through this interaction, you will learn a lot about the discovery process. We are looking for a hands-on individual that likes to execute experiments efficiently and correctly. You will enjoy a scale-up environment where flexibility is part of the company culture and where your effort makes a big difference. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you need to be willing to take on additional tasks and responsibilities if needed. Communication is key.
- Apply general molecular biology techniques (e.g. PCR and cloning).
- Perform small- and medium scale productions and purifications of AGROBODY™ bioactives.
- Perform analysis using general biochemical methods (e.g. SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, UV-Vis).
- Assist with high-throughput screening assays.
- Detailed maintenance of lab notebooks and timely recording of findings in experimental reports.
- Independent planning and execution of experiments, including interpretation and reporting of the results.
- Presentation of results and findings to colleagues and team members in team meetings.
What do we expect?
- Bachelor or Master degree in the area of Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or a related field with at least 1 year of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in design and construction of expression plasmid constructs and recombinant protein vector design.
- Experience in protein production in bacteria and/or yeast from small to medium scale is required.
- Hands-on experience in standard recombinant protein purification techniques (e.g. affinity) and basic protein analysis methods (e.g. SDS-PAGE, WB, UV-Vis) is a must.
- Experience using robotics on automation workstations is a plus.
- Excellent time management, record keeping, and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Flexible team player excited to collaborate within different (multidisciplinary) teams.
- Totally hands-on, practical, problem-solving oriented.
- An accurate and well-organized work approach to deliver high quality results.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
What we offer
Teamwork, innovation, passion, well-being, and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees. We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Are you ready to set new grounds and new standards? Please apply via our career site www.biotalys.com and add your CV and motivation letter to your application.