Who we are:
The growing demand for healthy, safe, and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
We at Biotalys have the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. We are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on our ground-breaking technology platform, we have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Our products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
Our headquarters is located in the vibrant biotech cluster in Ghent, Belgium, and our US subsidiary is based in Durham, North Carolina. More information can be found on www.biotalys.com.
To strengthen our valuable team of dedicated employees, Biotalys is looking for a (Sr) Researcher in the Discovery department.
Scope of your job:
Biotalys is seeking a highly motivated colleague to join the Discovery team as a (Sr) Researcher for a temporary position of at least 1 year. In this role you will actively contribute to the development of our AGROBODY™ discovery platform for the identification of novel AGROBODY™ bioactives against key crop pest and disease targets.
- Conduct molecular cloning activities (e.g. PCR, cloning, assembly) for the production of recombinant proteins
- Engineer transgenic fungal species overexpressing fluorescent proteins.
- Cultivation and maintenance of microbial and eukaryotic cells for experimental use as well as maintenance.
- Perform high throughput screening binding assays (e.g. ELISA and/or FACS).
- Perform (HTP) protein production, purifications, biochemical analyses and (potentially) functionality assessments.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a (Sr.) Researcher to join the Discovery team focusing on the further development of the AGROBODY™ discovery platform.
- PhD or Master degree with preferably some industry experience in the area of Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or a related field
- Extensive hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques and tools that come with it such as PCR, vector cloning, genome editing.
- Experience with (fluorescent) microscopy or other imaging techniques is a plus.
- Handling microbial and eukaryotic species such as yeast, bacteria and/or fungi is a crucial asset.
- Experience with protein expression and purification is a plus as well as with analytical techniques such as Mass Spectrometry.
- Strong knowledge of in DNA sequence analysis/editing tools such as CLC Main workbench.
- A pro-active attitude and solid problem-solving skills with a sense for creativity and innovation.
- Autonomous working style, good work ethic
- Excellent time management, record keeping, and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Totally hands-on, practical, problem-solving oriented.
- An accurate and well-organized work approach to deliver high quality results.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin or disability status.
What we offer:
Teamwork, innovation, passion, well-being, and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees. We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package and you will have the opportunity to optimize your work-life balance and time management via flexible working hours and telework.
Are you ready to set new grounds and new standards? Please apply via our career site www.biotalys.com and add your CV and motivation letter to your application.