Who we are
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
We at Biotalys have the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. We are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on our ground-breaking technology platform, we have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Our products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
Our headquarters are located in the vibrant biotech cluster in Ghent, Belgium, and our US subsidiary is based in Durham, North Carolina. More information can be found on www.biotalys.com.
To strengthen our valuable team of dedicated employees in Belgium, Biotalys is looking for a Research Associate Lead Characterization.
Scope of your job
As Research Associate Lead Characterization, you are involved in the characterization of AGROBODY™ bioactive candidates for various pests and pathogen applications. Responsibilities will include the design and development of different binding assays to support screening and lead candidate selection. We are looking for a hands-on individual that likes to execute experiments efficiently and correctly. You will enjoy a scale-up environment where flexibility is part of the company culture and where your effort makes a big difference. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you need to be willing to take on additional tasks and responsibilities if needed. Communication is key.
- Develop and run various ligand-binding assays (ELISA, BLI, membrane-based assays, IAC).
- Run analytical methods for protein analysis, including UV spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE electrophoresis and western blotting.
- Plan and execute experiments independently, interpret and report the results and propose follow-up steps.
- Maintain lab notebooks and record findings in experimental reports in a detailed and timely way.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of laboratory NOP’s and SOP’s.
- Troubleshoot lab methods and instruments if needed.
- Actively participate in functional and project teams, prioritize work based on the team deliverables and complete assignments accordingly.
- Present results and findings to colleagues and team members in team meetings.
What we are looking for
- A Bachelor or Master degree in the area of biochemistry, chemistry, biotechnology.
- 3-4 years of industrial experience is mandatory.
- Hands-on experience in ligand-binding assays including ELISA, BLI, IAC, membrane-based assays.
- Good knowledge of analytical methods for protein analysis, including UV spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE electrophoresis and western blotting.
- Hands on experience in designing and performing flow cytometry experiments, experience to work with Attune Nxt and experience in protein expression and protein purification are assets.
- Passion for laboratory work and willingness to work in an R&D environment.
- Critical eye for details.
- Excellent time management, record keeping, and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills in English, both written and orally.
- An accurate and well-organized work approach to deliver high quality results.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback.
- A team-oriented attitude, flexibility, enthusiasm, and ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office (excel, word, power point).
What we offer
Teamwork, innovation, passion, well-being and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees. We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Are you ready to set new grounds and new standards? Please apply via our career site www.biotalys.com and add your CV and motivation letter to your application.