Who we are
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
We at Biotalys have the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. We are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on our ground-breaking technology platform, we have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Our products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
Our headquarters are located in the vibrant biotech cluster in Ghent, Belgium, and our US subsidiary is based in Durham, North Carolina. More information can be found on www.biotalys.com.
Scope of your job
To strengthen our management team and continue leveraging the success of our growing product portfolio we are looking for an experienced Head of Portfolio, Programs and Alliance Management.
You will work in very close collaboration with the executive officers and will be responsible for setting and driving the company’s main alliance programs and overseeing the entire product portfolio.
Acting as the prominent face for Biotalys external collaborations, the role requires relentless enthusiasm combined with strong mediation skills. You will be liaising with R&D, IP, Legal, Finance and Corporate Development to ensure that key contract terms such as milestones, financial transactions, projects, etc. are executed appropriately.
Understanding key program drivers and operational risks, you will need to align both internal and external stakeholders to a shared understanding of these drivers and risks and correct prioritization of actions to progress projects to their end point.
Furthermore you will:
- Need to be familiar and close enough to details of the programs both internally and at the alliance partner to provide thoughtful direction and counsel members on strategy & approach.
- Directly manage, lead and develop two experienced colleagues and indirectly lead and manage cross-functional colleagues across the company and its alliance partners. Building the project management function at Biotalys as we grow into a larger company.
- Lead alliance communications, progress monitoring, and decision-making processes to effectively manage each alliance towards the mutual success of both parties. Ensuring adherence to both parties obligations.
- Identify, track and lead resolution efforts for all high exposure related issues and relay to the project teams positive and negative deviations from project plans.
- Assist in portfolio management and project resource allocation decisions, lead portfolio meetings and communicate decisions related to programs and platform development.
- Foster good teamwork and communication amongst both parties. Build a reputation for excellence both as an individual and as a team.
What we are looking for
- MS/Ph.D. preferred in Life Sciences or other relevant discipline. In addition, MBA or PMP certification is a plus
- 15+ years of relevant experience in alliance management, business development and/or program management at a life science company (food and Agriculture is a plus)
- Excellent know-how of key alliance management principles including how to escalate/mitigate issues, and demonstrate creative problem-solving
- Demonstrated conflict management skills including de-escalation, mediation, and bargaining
- Strong influencing and management skills while simultaneously demonstrating the attributes of collaboration, team building, and participative decision making
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, engage, focus, negotiate, and resolve conflict internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, proactively and with agility in a complex, matrixed environment, building internal and external alignment, indirectly influencing key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritize and resolve key project and partnership issues
What we offer
Teamwork, innovation, passion, well-being and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees. We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Are you ready to set new grounds and new standards? Please apply via our career site www.biotalys.com and add your CV and motivation letter to your application.