European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the agri-food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international agri-food sector.
EIT Food is a consortium of over 50 partners from leading businesses, research centres and universities across 13 countries. It is a people-centric and resource-smart transformer of the European food system, driving consumer confidence and improved global health.
EIT Food’s vision is to put Europe at the centre of a global revolution in food innovation and production, and its value in society. EIT Food will engage consumers in the change process, improve nutrition and make the food system more resource-efficient, secure, transparent and trusted.
More info on EIT Food and its activities – www.eitfood.eu
JOB AND CONTRACT TYPE:
Intern position, duration of the contract is between 3 – 9 months (ideal +6 months).
By preference, (s)he will be based in Leuven (Belgium), , with homeworking opportunities/requirements in line with our policy.
Occasional travel within Europe can be expected.
EXPECTED START DATE:
Subject to the availability of the candidate (target start date : February 2021)
- Support the Business Creation team in the smooth operation of the EIT Food international start-up programmes (among which our 3 flagship programmes, SeedBed Incubator, EIT Food Accelerator and RisingFoodStars)
- Support in the data collection, monitoring and reporting of business creation activities including KPI tracking, data analytics, production of dashboards/reports/presentations and the carrying out of surveys
- Provide help in organizing agri-food start-ups networking events, including our annual Venture Summit
- Actively liaise with other EIT Food headquarter functions such as Innovation, Education, Finance, Operations, and our regional offices
- Bachelor/Master student, preferably with a background in management, finance or engineering
- English fluency is required. Other EU languages are an asset
- An interest in innovation management and the start-up ecosystem
- Very good command of MS Office and some experience in IT-tools (data analysis, CRM)
- The ability to take ownership and initiative to get things done without being asked
- The ability to confidently communicate with our colleagues, supported entrepreneurs, partners & service providers
- European outreach linked to leading corporates, academic institutions, research centres and top-level start-ups in the EU agri-food sector
- Insight into agri-food start-up networks and events
- Opportunity to link your Bachelor/Master thesis if appropriate topic is identified during internship
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
Upload your CV (maximum 3 pages) and motivation letter in English (maximum 2 pages) outlining your suitability for the role and highlighting relevant experience to support your application in our CV Warehouse tool by clicking on the “apply” link on our website www.eitfood.eu.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.