ABOUT EIT FOOD:
EIT Food (European Institute of Innovation and Technology) is a young and fast growing organization that was set up to transform our food ecosystem by connecting consumers with businesses, start-ups, researchers and students from around Europe, and support innovative and economically sustainable initiatives which improve our health, our access to quality food, and our environment.
EIT Food has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain. You can find more information on the EIT Food website https://www.eitfood.eu
Let’s create the future of food together!
The Agriculture Project Manager will join the CLC South team in its mission to make food systems more sustainable and healthier, specifically assisting in programs aimed at helping farmers to learn about and adopt more innovative and sustainable agricultural practices. In this sense, CLC South is leading an ambitious initiative that aims to inspire and incentivize European farmers to adopt more regenerative agricultural practices and raise consumer awareness about the environmental and health benefits of regeneratively produced food.
We are seeking for a highly motivated agronomist with experience in the European farming system, with knowledge of sustainable and regenerative agriculture practices, and the design and development of carbon estimation projects.
He/she will assist in the timely execution and management of projects, production of KPIs, onboarding farmers in the program, supervise the work of other agronomists supporting farmers in the field, contribute to content and knowledge creation, and build evidence to provide feedback and guidance on the quality of activities based on facts and figures.
JOB AND CONTRACT TYPE:
The contract will be full time and will have a 6 months probational period. Employment contract under the Spanish labour law.
She or he can be based in either office of the EIT Food Southern European team. We have offices in Madrid and Bilbao.
Business travel (approx. 10 days per month) within Europe can be expected.
You will work with the leader of the Regenerative agriculture program and report to the Director and the Entrepreneurship Program Manager at CLC South.
EXPECTED START DATE:
The expected starting date is February 2022.
- Manage the good execution of the assigned projects: activities deployment, budget monitoring and quality of outputs, including management of tenders and open calls.
- Organize and manage training and technical assistance to farmers.
- Coordinate the agronomists’ team assigned to each project.
- Manage a portfolio of farmers from their onboarding in the project through their individual journey as their single point of contact.
- Monitor knowledge acquisition and collection of best practices about regenerative agriculture, carbon farming, carbon certification and commercialization.
- Ensure the collection of relevant information and agronomic data to allow efficient monitoring and evaluation for learning, reporting and decision making processes.
- Develop and grow key relationships with agri-food business, cooperatives, traders, food companies, regional public administrations in agriculture, and policy-making institutions.
- Prepare internal and external communication materials, presentations, editing of videos and reports. Collaborate in the design of social media campaigns, and engage with the public interested in our programs.
- Identify relevant opportunities to develop complementary initiatives focused in promoting innovative and sustainable agricultural practices and contribute in the preparation of proposals directed to relevant funders and stakeholders, including regional and EU funding programmes.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- University Degree related to agriculture, agricultural engineering, natural resources, environmental management, or equivalent professional experience/qualifications.
- Qualifications related to the management of agricultural business, sustainability of the agrifood sector, natural resources and climate change, carbon mitigation/adaptation and evaluation of carbon sequestration in soils or related fields would be an asset.
- Fluency in English and in Spanish. Additional Southern European languages will be considered.
- Very good command of Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience related to sustainable agriculture and/or natural resources management.
- Experience in regenerative agriculture practices and carbon farming, certification and commercialization projects will be highly desirable.
- International exposure and experiences in working with start-up ecosystems
- Strong network amongst southern European agricultural actors is an asset.
- Management of projects: ideation, planning, monitoring and execution.
Skills and behaviour
We are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Demonstrable passion to build a more sustainable and healthier food system.
- Solid business judgment, with flexible and interdisciplinary thinking.
- A positive person with a can-do attitude that thrives in small dynamic teams.
- A desire to really lead two new projects at the forefront of agricultural thinking.
- A combination analytical thinking and creativity.
- A business driven mindset.
- The ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals from different countries and backgrounds.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and persuasion skills for building alliances between stakeholders from industry, research education and public sector.
- Proactive, independent and trustworthy.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- Respectful of timelines and deadlines and attention for detail.
- Ability to work both independently and in small (multi-national) teams.
- Organised, proactive, service-oriented and capable of multi-tasking.
- Excellent emotional intelligence skills.
EIT FOOD OFFER:
EIT Food offers a competitive salary package consisting of a monthly salary and annual bonus. EIT Food also offers health care insurance and a generous holiday allowance.
We believe the balance between work and private life is very important. As such, we are flexible when it comes to working from home and fixed office hours.
Great colleagues: diverse staff and contractors speaking different languages from around Europe, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
EIT Food is structured around five regional offices (Co-Location Centres (CLCs)) established in Reading (with partners from the UK, Ireland and Iceland), Warsaw (with partners from Eastern Europe and Nordic countries), Madrid and Bilbao (with partners from Portugal, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey and Israel), Leuven (with partners from Belgium, France and Switzerland) and Munich/Freising (with partners from Germany and the Netherlands).
Let’s create the future of food together!
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to CV Warehouse before 30 January 2022.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences