EIT Food and other Knowledge and Innovation Communities of the European Innovation and Technology Institute (EIT) are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join the team managing a new agrifood venture funding platform project in association with a leading EU SME venture finance institution.
Fixed time contract for six (6) months (with the possibility for extension and entering to a full-time position thereafter) or freelancer contract.
About EIT Food:
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast-growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has the characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain.
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers. We believe that we are all responsible for, and connected to, the food that we eat so we all need to work together to improve it. We are building a unique network of diverse partners that provide a holistic view of the food value chain, including key industry players, agri-food start-ups, research centres and universities from across Europe, all working together to deliver an innovative and entrepreneurial food sector.
About EIT Food’s New Business Creation
EIT Food´s Business Creation supports innovative impactful agrifood entrepreneurs to launch, accelerate and scale new food innovations and businesses across Europe. We offer an unparalleled network with direct access to of Europe’s leading agrifood businesses, universities and research organisations, a European reach through a strong presence in every EU country (and beyond!), facilitating access to new markets and international development, a powerful brand and a great exposure to make new businesses more attractive to investors and customers. . EIT Food engages in key strategic partnerships with other European institutions.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Business Creation, and the EIT Cross-KIC activity leader, you support the strategic alliance project between EIT Food and a leading European SME Venture Finance Institution.
Your responsibilities include:
- Business Case Development:
- Performing research and market analysis to build the project’s business case;
- Reaching out to potential partners to validate the project’s value proposition;
- Build the dossier to support the project (pitch to stakeholders, business plan, communication, and marketing plan).
- Communicate and disseminate to ensure appropriate adhesion of key stakeholders.
- Clarify the contribution of the project to stakeholders’ financial sustainability.
- Project Management
- Supporting the setting up and maintenance of the project roadmap;
- Coordinationating the different actors within the project and the related activities;
- Supporting with monitoring, documenting, reporting, evaluation, and the communication related to the project;
- You hold a Master or PhD, ideally with a MBA, or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 3 years’ experience within VC investment, corporate venture unit, start-up, innovation accelerator, venture builder or strategy consulting firm, preferably linked to the AgriFood / Bioeconomy sector.
- Experience in the management of EU funded projects is an important asset
- You are entrepreneurial and creative. You constantly challenge status quo.
- You are proactive and flexible, with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in small (multi-national) teams.
- You fluently speak English. The command of any other European language is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel).
- A challenging and stimulating position within the leading European food innovation initiative.
- To contribute to innovative agrifood business development and high-impact investments.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and excellence-oriented environment.
- Fixed time contract for six (6) months with the possibility for extension and entering to a full-time position at the end of the period; or freelancer contract.
The role location will be linked to EIT Food Headquarters located in Leuven (Belgium) with flexibility to also work remotely, subject to required travels across Europe for meetings.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
Upload your CV together with a short cover letter on our CV Warehouse platform ( website www.eitfood.eu)
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
The application should be written in English. Only complete applications will be evaluated.
The closing date is August 15th, 2021.
The expected starting date is September 13th, 2021 at the latest.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents