ABOUT EIT FOOD:
The website of EIT Food is https://www.eitfood.eu
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast-growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has the characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain.
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers.
We believe that we are all responsible for, and connected to, the food that we eat so we all need to work together to improve it. We are building a unique network of diverse partners that provide a holicstic view of the food value chain, including key industry players, agrifood start-ups, research centres and universities from across Europe, all working together to deliver an innovative and entrepreneurial food sector.
Let’s create the future of food together!
The office is located in Leuven (Belgium).
Reporting to the Director of Business Creation, you coordinate the RisingFoodStars Network and you actively support AgriFood start-up entrepreneurs in their scale-up business development ambitions. You work closely with some of Europe’s best AgriFood scale-ups ensuring that they can work as optimal as possible within the EIT Food environment.
Your responsibilities include:
- Running of the Network together with the Business Support Manager:
- You have a deep knowledge of the ecosystem and its members.
- You support members and guarantee them a smooth onboarding and offboarding.
- You integrate members within the ecosystem and stimulate them to participate in events.
- You organize the annual scouting, selection and onboarding process of new members.
- Strategic development of the Association:
- You identify and leverage new Business Creation opportunities in line with the strategy.
- You are responsible for the planning, implementation and the reporting of activities within the RisingFoodStars Association in alignment with the EIT rules/guidelines and the EIT Food Business Creation strategy.
- Business aspects of the Association and its members:
- You monitor the members’ reporting in EIT Food Business Plan and assist them in guaranteeing the added value of their activities to their growth.
- You facilitate connections with EIT Food partners and help members draft collaborative innovation project proposals in the EIT Food Business Plan.
- You keep track of the member database and report on KPI.
- Exposure of the members:
- You participate in Europe’s main agrifood business events in order to promote the members and the Network.
- You hold a Master or PhD, ideally with a MBA, or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant position within start-up, innovation accelerator, venture builder, or early-stage tech investments firm linked to the AgriFood sector.
- Experience in the management of EU funded projects is an important asset
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and empathy.
- You are proactive and flexible, with problem solving and analytical skills.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in small (multi-national) teams.
- You fluently speak English. The command of any other European language is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Microsoft Excel).
- A challenging and stimulating position within the leading European food innovation initiative.
- To contribute to high-potential innovative AgriFood business development.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic and excellence-oriented environment.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and its context.
- A full-time permanent contract.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
Send your CV together with a short cover letter via Pahrtners or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.