ABOUT EIT FOOD:
The website of EIT Food is https://www.eitfood.eu
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast-growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has the characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain.
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers.
We believe that we are all responsible for, and connected to, the food that we eat so we all need to work together to improve it. We are building a unique network of diverse partners that provide a holistic view of the food value chain, including key industry players, agri-food start-ups, research centres and universities from across Europe, all working together to deliver an innovative and entrepreneurial food sector.
Let’s create the future of food together!
JOB AND CONTRACT TYPE:
(S)he will be based in Leuven (Belgium). Having a permanent residence in Belgium is mandatory.
Occasional travel within Europe can be expected.
- You create relevant content for newsletters, leaflets, brochures, email marketing, partner communication tools or other channels. To this end, you think up and create articles, posts, videos, etc. We aim for fun, varied and credible updates, always tailored to the target audience.
- You can tell compelling brand stories through video content
- You can conceptualize and execute your own video content ideas within the bounds of the brand strategy
- You contribute design ideas for marketing materials and student experience content
- You create digital assets & copy for online publications
- You work with external agencies for creative content production, like leaflets, brochures, imagery, videos
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Ideally, the candidate has:
- A passion for food, innovation and sustainability
- You are looking for an internship as a student of communication, marketing, journalism, multimedia...
- You know what a company page on Facebook and LinkedIn and Twitter looks like and have knowledge of Instagram, Youtube (or other channels you think we urgently need to work with).
- You have experience with Mailchimp
- You are a creative thinker and doer. You see opportunities and like to take initiative yourself.
- You are fluent in English .
- You have a passion for communication, marketing and getting to know new digital tools.
- Some first design and lay-out experience or a good sense for composition is an asset.
- The ability to take ownership and initiative to get things done without being asked
- The ability to confidently communicate with our colleagues, partners & suppliers.
- Handy extra: you can use graphic and/or video software.
- Problem solving ability: no matter how small or complex, you will find a creative solution.
- Flexibility: ability to work in a rapidly changing organization;
- Organization sensitivity and Business Acumen: ability to translate the business needs and problems in solutions.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to CV Warehouse before 30/04/ 2021.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.