Min 6 months preferably 12 months
Expected start date: As soon as possible in 2021 depending on candidate availability
ABOUT EIT FOOD:
The website of EIT Food is https://www.eitfood.eu
EIT Food is a young and fast-growing organisation working towards a more more sustainable and healthy food system in Europe that is trusted by consumers. It is one of eight Innovation Communities established by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT), an independent EU body set up in 2008, to drive innovation and entrepreneurship across Europe.
EIT Food is a member organisation bringing together key industry players, agri-food startups, research centres and universities from across Europe representing the food value chain in Europe. In addition to thematic leadership, EIT Food is also responsible for coordinating a multi-million euro EU grant allocation from the EIT and distributing it among its partners and stakeholders for the implementation of cooperation projects. It also manages other grants and donor funding opportunities on behalf of the Partnership.
EIT Food headquarters (HQ) are based in Leuven (Belgium) and it has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLCs) in Europe (based in Poland, Spain, Germany, the UK and Belgium), each working with and for partners in several EIT Food partner countries. The main objectives of the CLCs are to grow and support the network of partners in their region, execute regional and local activities, as well as organising thematic events.
LOCATION: Based at the EIT Food Headquarters in Leuven, Belgium (virtual working as required during the COVID-19 pandemic, though candidates will be required to be based in Belgium).
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Web management: in collaboration with the coms team and agencies, you will be supporting the eu website, including content management, web development and improvement, working with agencies in an agile manner and making sure that agreed development planning is achieved on time and in budget.
- Data optimisation: working with the comms team and external data experts to ensure that we are collecting, organising, analysing and reporting on all available data optimally from our main communication channels.
- Cost management: ensuring that multiple price quotes and product offers are received from suppliers to deliver best-value-for-money choice for producing new communication materials.
- Brand management: safeguard that all materials for dissemination and outreach follow the EIT Food brand guidelines to grow a strong brand identity. Answering branding queries by colleagues, partners and other stakeholders as required.
- Internal collaboration: actively liaise with other EIT Food headquarter functions such as Innovation, Business Creation, Education, Finance, Operations, and our regional offices.
- Teamwork: work closely with the other members of the communication team. Support on ad hoc basis in other areas of communication when required.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong web management and development skills and experience. This includes experience with CMS, web design sprints and website project management
- Knowledge of data analytics and techniques to optimise content distribution e.g. Google analytics, SEO, Facebook Pixel, Google Tag manager, Google Optimise & A/B testing, Hotjar heatmapping, Semrush, Google DataStudio & Google Ads
- A strong interest in communication, branding and management
- The ability to write good copy (English) for our different communication tools/for different communication targets
- Experience with graphic design and video editing software, especially Adobe software
- The ability to take ownership and initiative to get things done without constant supervision
- The ability to confidently communicate with our colleagues, partners & suppliers
- A passion for food, innovation and sustainability
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format in CV Warehouse by applying on our website www.eitfood.eu and iploading CV and CL before 5 December 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.