ABOUT EIT FOOD
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers. Established by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) in 2017, EIT Food is a fast-growing partnership organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector.
EIT Food is a member organisation bringing together key industry players, agri-food startups, research centres and universities from across Europe representing the food value chain in Europe. In addition to thematic leadership, EIT Food is also responsible for coordinating a multi-million euro EU grant allocation from the EIT and distributing it among its partners and stakeholders for the implementation of projects.
EIT Food headquarters (HQ) are based in Leuven (Belgium) and it has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLCs) in Europe (based in Poland, Spain, Germany, the UK and Belgium), each working with and for partners in several EIT Food partner countries.
Visit our website: https://www.eitfood.eu.
FoodUnfolded® is looking for a Programme Manager to join our diverse and growing team! We are seeking a Programme Manager to be responsible and support FoodUnfolded’s strategic, managerial and impact direction. FoodUnfolded® is a multimedia platform created to connect people with the origins and future of their food. We create credible, non-partisan, and accessible content that encourages our audience to think critically about the food system and their relationships with food. Through our collaborations, we build bridges between consumers, academics, experts, and policymakers. This community is the backbone of our mission, and we implement a wide range of content formats to engage our community and share information in an accessible, thought-provoking way.
You will report to the Director of Public Engagement at EIT Food Headquarters.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the development of a multi-year FoodUnfolded® strategy which will grow the FoodUnfolded® community and deliver societal impact.
- Support and integrate co-operations with EIT Food initiatives.
- Manage external collaborators and agencies.
- Develop and implement impact tracking methods, analyse public feedback and community engagement.
- Manage the coordination of the team which includes constantly improve and adapt ways of working and processes.
- Be a brand ambassador for EIT Food/FoodUnfolded® at events.
- Identify and leverage FoodUnfolded® promotional opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to improve, prioritise and leverage FoodUnfolded®
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Master degree in Science Communication, Journalism, Public Engagement or equivalent domain
- Minimum of 5 years of experience leading public engagement in science activities.
- Proven track record of implementing successful consumer-centric initiatives with measurable outcomes for non profit organisations, institutions or platforms, at international level is a plus.
- Experience in brand growth.
- Experience in impact tracking.
- Proficiency across MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of and experience with programme management.
Skills and behaviour:
- Fluent in English;
- Proven track record of writing and editorial work (experience using design and editing software a plus);
- Passionate about reconnecting people with food, activating people to become change makers;
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence others and effect change;
- Independent and trustworthy, able to embrace remote interactions with an extended number of parties, including partners, agencies, freelancers;
- Creative mindset;
- Self-motivated and able to manage your time effectively;
- No 9 to 5 mentality;
- Team player, organised; proactive, and service-oriented;
- Ability to work in a matrix-organisation, ability to work both independently and in small (multi-national) teams;
- Can do attitude, strong sense of ownership and delivering results;
- Highly results-driven, customer-centric, collaborative, confident;
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organisation with tact and diplomacy, and with a high level of cultural sensitivity;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Active interest in the food sector.
WHAT WE OFFER
Working at EIT Food means joining a team of like-minded individuals who are dedicated to creating a better future through food innovation. We cultivate a culture of collaboration, inventiveness, inclusivity, and constructive feedback. All employees are encouraged to contribute their ideas and expertise towards our mission of creating a more sustainable and inclusive food system.
Together, we're making a real impact on the food industry and we're looking for talented individuals like you to join us.
As a valued member of our team, we'll provide you with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Full time freelance contract (maternity cover)
The tentative starting date is 25 January 2023, depending on the availability of the selected candidate.
LOCATION & TRAVEL FREQUENCY
The position is based at the EIT Food headquarters in Leuven, Belgium, but hybrid working from other countries where EIT Food has a legal entity is also possible.
Occasional travel (20-30% of time) within Europe can be expected.
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to CV Warehouse before 14 December 2024 at 23:59 CET.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview and may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.