ABOUT EIT FOOD:
The website of EIT Food is https://www.eitfood.eu
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast-growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has the characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain.
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers.
We believe that we are all responsible for, and connected to, the food that we eat so we all need to work together to improve it. We are building a unique network of diverse partners that provide a holistic view of the food value chain, including key industry players, agrifood start-ups, research centres, and universities from across Europe, all working together to deliver an innovative and entrepreneurial food sector.
Let’s create the future of food together!
JOB AND CONTRACT TYPE:
Temporary, fixed term to end December 2021, full-time preferred, reasonable part-time considered.
This position can be either office-based at EIT Food’s North-West Europe regional office (“Co-Location Centre” or “CLC”), located in Reading, UK or home-based with possible travel across the North-West Europe region encompassing UK, Ireland and Iceland.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE:
To support the CLC company in developing and implementing an effective regional (UK, Republic of Ireland, and Iceland) strategy for SME engagement and support via EIT Food programmes. The role will build on existing knowledge, relationships and networks to develop a clear landscape of innovative SMEs in the sector, sub-national and national support available and mechanisms to build value for EIT Food.
The role will identify potential candidates for support through EIT Food Business Creation activities, potential new partners, and possible new co-funding opportunities. The post holder will assist the CLC North-West Director in effective reporting to key stakeholders on our activities and supporting new partnership development.
- Creation of an up-to-date landscape of innovation-driven SMEs active in the sector throughout the CLC North West region. Working with partners, existing personal and corporate networks to identify the best candidates for inclusion, and outline the local innovation and funding ecosystem in which the SMEs work.
- Working with Business Creation, Innovation and regional CLC Office colleagues and CLC North-West Director you will consider the landscape developed in (1) above and make recommendations for development of an appropriate regional strategy for engagement and development of innovative SMEs through EIT Food and other available schemes.
- Through awareness of the various regional funding schemes you will support the CLC to seed and help develop ideas into high quality funding proposals which will deliver co-funding to EIT Food activities, involving the CLC company as a grant participant where possible.
- Maintain and enhance close links and ongoing communication with EIT Food partners, colleagues and external parties in order to keep them well informed on progress of our SME strategy development.
- Contribute to the preparation of grant performance information and to the analysis of grant statistics in order to inform EIT Food’s research and innovation
Reporting to the Director of CLC North-West, the post holder will receive one on one support, advice, and mentoring on an ad hoc basis. Additional regular supervision meetings will also be held to discuss portfolio of work, general issues arising in performance of duties, and ongoing support and professional development requirements.
The post-holder will also receive guidance and occasionally direct instruction from EIT Food’s Operations Team in our EIT grant administrative centre based in Leuven, Belgium.
The post-holder will work collegiately with other members of the CLC North-West team.
Terms and conditions
This post is offered on a full-time fixed-term to 31st December 2021 basis; however, the company is open to reasonable part-time and/or flexible working arrangements where these are not detrimental to performance in the role.
Occasional overnight travel within UK and internationally may be required.
This document outlines the duties required for the time being of the post to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the line manager may vary duties from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed.
Ideally, the candidate has:
- Existing network or knowledge in SME landscape across one or more of the countries within the CLC North-West region
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Excellent understanding of SME funding needs
- Ability to influence and engage decision makers at senior level
- Knowledge of European and CLC North-West-relevant regional business creation and support funding mechanisms
- Experience of supporting the development of funding applications or business finance
- Experience of working with entrepreneurs or SMEs
- Able to engage clearly, persuasively and with authority with business colleagues and third parties
- Ability to use IT systems & software appropriate to the role
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of tasks, act independently responding to shifting priorities
- Degree in relevant subject or discipline
- Fluent in English
Beneficial skills or attributes include:
- Higher degree in relevant subject
- Experience of working in an innovation, finance or SME/business support environment , preferably in agrifood
- Presentation and writing skills
- Facilitation skills
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format on the CV Warehouse platform on our website www.eitfood.eu before midnight (BST) Friday 18th June 2021.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.