ABOUT EIT FOOD
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers. Established by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) in 2017, EIT Food is a fast-growing partnership organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector.
EIT Food is a member organisation bringing together key industry players, agri-food startups, research centres and universities from across Europe representing the food value chain in Europe. In addition to thematic leadership, EIT Food is also responsible for coordinating a multi-million euro EU grant allocation from the EIT and distributing it among its partners and stakeholders for the implementation of projects.
EIT Food headquarters (HQ) are based in Leuven (Belgium) and it has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLCs) in Europe (based in Poland, Spain, Germany, the UK and Belgium), each working with and for partners in several EIT Food partner countries.
Visit our website: https://www.eitfood.eu
The Brand and Communications team steers the purposeful use of communication, to its key stakeholders, by the organisation to fulfil its mission. It is responsible for successfully building and maintaining EIT Food’s position as the world’s largest and most dynamic food innovation community, creating a positive impact on the EIT Food’s name and thereby growing our brand (value). This is achieved through developing and implementing EIT Food’s communication and corporate marketing strategies, aligned to the EIT Food strategy. In its approach the Brand and Communications team works closely with other teams and departments of EIT Food, establishing integrated communication across EIT Food together. Brand and Communications encompasses media relations, digital/online communication, community relations, events, publicity/sponsorship, internal communication (partners & employees), issues management, corporate communication, branding and campaigns.
The Internal Communication Manager is a crucial role within the organisation, developing and implementing effective communication strategies to facilitate seamless information flow to employees and partners, engagement, and collaboration among EIT Food staff. The primary objective of this role is to enhance internal communication processes, ensure consistent messaging, and foster a positive organisational culture. This role touches on all areas of EIT Food and builds on productive relationships. Working with multiple stakeholders, you will produce high-quality and strategic internal communications, campaigns and activities. You will be part of the highly motivated Brand and Communication team comprised of communication professionals across Europe, to the Head of Communications.
- Communication Strategy Development: Working together with the Head of communications in developing and executing a comprehensive internal communication strategy that aligns with EIT Food’s objectives and values. This involves understanding the company's vision and mission and creating plans to effectively disseminate information throughout the organisation and to partners.
- Content Creation and Distribution:
- Create engaging and relevant content for various internal communication channels. Ensure the content is well-structured, accurate, and appropriate for the target audience
- Closely co-operate with the Media and Corporate Communications Manager and the Brand & Digital Communications Manager to ensure consistency with campaigns/messaging in external channels
- Work with the Community Manager to ensure that employees are informed and engaged via our community platform, FoodHIVE.
- Liaise with other teams (e.g. Operations) to be aware of and understand their communication activities with partners.
- Employee/Partner messaging and announcements: review and manage internal announcements, organisational updates, and leadership messages to staff and partners. Ensure consistent messaging and timely delivery to keep employees and partners informed and engaged in key initiatives and changes. Monitor feedback, suggestions, and concerns to identify areas for improvement.
- Employee Engagement Initiatives: You will be instrumental in helping to promote EIT Food’s values, mission and diversity commitment, working closely with HR and Brand to create Employee Value Proposition initiatives to reinforce the sense of belonging, engagement and recognition and fostering a positive workplace culture (including the annual EIT Food Employee Day).
- Change Management Communication:
- Supporting HR in change management initiatives by developing and implementing communication plans to address employee concerns, alleviate resistance, and promote understanding of organisational changes.
- Internal insights lead – work with HR to develop the best way to keep connected to employees, listen to their needs and share insights and recommendations with the right teams for implementation.
- Conduct communication training sessions and workshops for employees and leaders to enhance their communication skills and ensure consistent messaging across the organisation.
- Crisis Communication: serve as a point of contact for internal communication during emergencies or sensitive situations.
- Stakeholder Management:
- Develop and implement systems and processes for best-in-class internal communication with staff and the wider EIT Food community to build an engaged, informed and active stakeholder set.
- Collaborate with various departments, senior leadership, and other stakeholders to gather information, ensure alignment, and promote a collaborative communication approach.
- Support the Supervisory Board in their partner communication and (in cooperation with the events manager) Partner Assemblies.
- Budget Management and reporting:
- Support the Head of Communications/CBCO with management reporting when required.
- Ensure effective budgetary management.
- Measurement and Analytics: Track and measure the impact of internal communication initiatives. Use data and analytics to evaluate the effectiveness of different communication channels and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Other responsibilities:
- Develop agency briefs, evaluate cost estimates, develop best-value-for money analysis and supervise pricing agreements ensuring value for money, in accordance with procurement procedures of EIT Food as well as funding modalities of EIT/Horizon Europe programme.
- Join Working Groups to represent the Brand and Communication team, where relevant.
- Support the development of the Communications hub/knowledge library, identifying colleague needs, gaps and liaising with the Brand & Communication team for updates.
- Work closely with the other members of the Brand & Communication team and wider teams. Support on ad hoc basis in other areas of communication when required.
- Deliver a combination of both planned and reactive work to support corporate and communications objectives.
- Managing requests from colleagues and partners in the field of internal communication via our customer service tool (Freshdesk).
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related fields. A Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience as an Internal Communication Manager or in a similar role (minimum of 5 years), demonstrating successful implementation of organisational change communication and communication strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and grammar.
- Strong storytelling and content creation abilities, capable of conveying complex information in an engaging manner.
- Team player.
- Familiarity with change management principles and experience in communicating organisational changes effectively.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Proficiency in data analysis and use of analytics to measure the impact of communication initiatives.
- Experience in handling sensitive information with tact and discretion.
- Problem solving ability: no matter how small or complex.
- Flexible: ability to work in a rapidly changing organisation.
The Internal Communication Manager plays a pivotal role in fostering a transparent and connected work environment, enhancing employee engagement, and aligning employees with the company's vision.
WHAT WE OFFER
Working at EIT Food means joining a team of like-minded individuals who are dedicated to creating a better future through food innovation. We cultivate a culture of collaboration, inventiveness, inclusivity, and constructive feedback. All employees are encouraged to contribute their ideas and expertise towards our mission of creating a more sustainable and inclusive food system.
Together, we're making a real impact on the food industry and we're looking for talented individuals like you to join us.
As a valued member of our team, we'll provide you with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Full-time permanent position.
LOCATION & TRAVEL FREQUENCY
EIT Food office in Leuven (Belgium) or an agreed regional office. All applicants must be legally authorised to reside and work in Europe.
Regular travel within Europe can be expected.
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to CV Warehouse before 30 September 2023.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview and asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.