ABOUT EIT FOOD
EIT Food (European Institute of Innovation and Technology) is a young and fast growing organization set up to transform our food ecosystem by connecting consumers with businesses, start-ups, researchers and students from around Europe, and support innovative and economically sustainable initiatives which improve our health, our access to quality food, and our environment. EIT Food has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain. Find more information on the EIT Food website
Let’s create the future of food together!
The EIT Community is the space where all the different Knowledge and Innovation Communities (KICs) of the EIT work under one roof to align and collaborate on specific topics that all of them offer, including Education. Especially in the timeframe 2023 – 2025, the EIT Community with all its collaborators will work to fulfill the Deep Tech Talent Initiative (DTTI) of delivering 1 million talents in the Deep Tech sector.
EIT Food is looking for highly qualified and motivated individual to work with the EIT Community Education Cluster to develop and align Quality Assurance frameworks in education across two main work packages – one involving the Deep Tech Talent Initiative, and the other around an internship scheme between the EIT Community and the EIC.
The Deep Tech Talent Initiative (DTTI) is a part of the New European Innovation Agenda and the goal of this particular work package is to attract, engage, and organize stakeholders, players and resources to realize the mission of upskilling one million deep tech talents in three years. Quality Assurance will need to be developed around a lean reference framework to accredit training providers and evaluate courses. Training providers will need to be guided and supported through relevant training and guidance in the transition to full compliance with the set QA system. Main goal of the work package is to attract, engage, and organize stakeholders, players and resources to realize the mission of upskilling one million deep tech talents in three years.
The ‘Internship Scheme’ is part of the EU Next Generation Innovation Talents scheme, and aims to place 160+ interns from across the EIT Community in synergy with MSCA, ETC and EIC Pathfinder programmes. In this activity the Quality Assurance for Learning needs to ensure that learning objectives are defined and assessed for each placed intern.
You will work with other Quality Assurance experts in other EIT Knowledge Innovation Communities (KICs) and the EIT to ensure the QA fits all KICs and will continue to be used in the future.
The activities are focused on building and executing evaluation processes, developing infrastructure, running train-the-trainer courses and triggering multiplier effects across the board.
The Quality Assurance Expert will closely work with all involved KICs and the EIT to ensure a smooth, aligned QA approach that is carried by all collaborators
Deep Tech Talent Initiative (DTTI)
- Shape a lean reference framework linked to recognised frameworks and the Quality Assurance requirements and process
- Develop and execute a process to evaluate applications, training providers, and courses from across the Deep Tech sector including a framework that encompasses desired quality requirements for the training programme, providers, and teaching capacity and delivery
- Organise train-the-trainer sessions
- Evaluate possible fees to be paid by training providers as part of the DTTI pledge
- Streamline and align Cluster communication across all EIT Community Clusters
- Develop and implement Quality Assurance for Learning to ensure learning objectives are defined and assessed for each placed intern.
- Creation of templates to define learning outcomes specific to the internship assignment, assessment forms to facilitate formative assessment, and outline structures for assessment deliverables.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders to ensure smooth processes to follow for both interns and their employers
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Relevant working experience in the area of educational quality assurance ( 5+ years at middle management level)
- You have demonstrated your ability to work collaboratively remotely in multinational teams and/or matrix organisations, contributing to the success of the team
- Proven track record of establishing lean quality assurance processes in educational or similar contexts
- Proven project management skills
- Proven track record of multi-stakeholder management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Proven ability to work independently
- Proven ability to influence others within and without the organisation, including C-level stakeholders
- Experience of navigating complex organisations and managing risk
- Experience with compliance monitoring and assessing performance metrics is desirable
OPTIONAL COMPETENCES AND EXPERIENCES:
- Familiarity with Horizon Europe project administration is desirable.
- Postgraduate degree in social or educational sciences, or management/economics.
- Creativity in solving complex problems and ability to connect the dots between the organizational needs and the market.
WHAT WE OFFER
You will be part of a multinational work environment and contributing to a growing and recognized organization, working in close connection with various functions such as higher education, research centres and business partners with access to high level European R&D&I experts and projects in AgriFood sector.
Flexibility and the balance between work and private life are equally important.
Full-time permanent contract
LOCATION & TRAVEL FREQUENCY
Based in EIT Food CLC Central GmbH, Freising, (Munich area), Germany. Applicants must legally authorized to reside and work in Germany.
Travel (estimated 20%-30% of time) within Europe can be expected (post COVID-19). You will be part of the EIT Food Education team, headquartered in Leuven, Belgium.
Interested candidates are asked to upload their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to CV Warehouse before 7 July 2023.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview and may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.