Why Jerónimo Martins?
Jerónimo Martins is an international group with more than 120 thousand people working together in Portugal, Poland, and Colombia to democratise access to quality products at affordable prices. Our strength comes from every employee who works with us; we provide you with the right tools to do your job, feel secure and grow. With 230 years of experience and know-how in the food business, this is a place where you’ll find never-ending opportunities.
Come work with us. Let’s do great things together.
What we expect from you
Just like you should expect the utmost commitment from us, we also have great expectations from you.
In the Jerónimo Martins Group, what we do and how we do it are taken very seriously.
What makes us different
From engineers to sociologists, from marketers to anthropologists, problem-solvers and creative thinkers – we have a place for you. Put your talents to use where opportunities are limitless, and discover why each day is different from the previous one.
- Include personal information and online addresses, namely LinkedIn and Email.
- Highlight job titles, responsibilities, main achievements and keywords relevant to the position you are applying for and that explain why you are the right candidate for the opportunity.
- Describe insights and main curricular activities of your formal education.
- Instead of placing your soft skills at the bottom of your CV, ensure they have a prime position, especially the ones that illustrate your suitability for the job.
- Include your computer and language skills, as well as certificates, particularly when listed in the role requirements.
- It is not recommended that your CV has more than 2 pages. Moreover, it should have a simple layout, making it easier to read.
- Present your academic and professional experience within a reverse chronological order.
- Be prepared to answer both motivational and technical questions.
- Make sure you can explain how your experiences and skills are relevant to the job.
- Explore our website, annual reports and latest news to get an overview of our mission. If you still want to know more, prepare your questions in advance.
- Search the interviewers’ profiles on LinkedIn to get insights on their backgrounds. Based on your research, adapt your speech to the stakeholder and establish possible connections with them.
- Be punctual, create a good first impression and use a formal dress code.
Jerónimo Martins is an international Group based in Portugal with 230 years of know-how in the food business. We address the daily needs of millions of consumers in three countries, through a value proposition based on quality food at competitive prices. Food distribution is our main activity and is worth more than 95% of the Group’s consolidated sales.
The Polish food store chain Biedronka is our largest business. In Portugal, Pingo Doce is the supermarket segment leader while Recheio leads the cash and carry market. In Colombia, we own the Ara chain of discount stores. We also develop an agribusiness operation in Portugal to ensure direct access to the supply sources of strategic products. Although food distribution is at the heart of our core business, we also operate in specialized retail. In Poland, we own the Hebe beauty store chain and, in Portugal, we operate Jeronymo (coffee shops) and Hussel (chocolate stores).
Want to know more about us?